Second Chance At Love: Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Whoa whoa wait a minute," Taylor cried.

I shut up and looked at him, "What?" I asked.

"You don't even want to know how much I'll pay you?" he asked me.

I laughed, "I'm not worried."

"Well then lets go get you set up down at the office and you can start Monday, which is tomorrow."

"Alright!" I said.

I grabbed my purse and Taylor and I left in his car. He drove to a bunch of office building about 10 minutes away. We pulled up to one of the buildings, it was big and in nice condition.

"Come on," he said, walking over to it and unlocking the door.

"So do you manage it?" I asked him.

"Usually," he replied, "I have a great assistant manager. So I don't have to be here everyday. But I do work most of the week days. We're closed on Sundays, and work very few hours on Saturdays. We open at 10, close at four, so they're not long days. Saturday is open from noon until three. But we don't take appointments that day, so you won't have to work. It's for the people picking up their computers, or for some of the workers to catch up on what they missed during the week."

"Alright, sounds great." I said enthusiastically.

We walked inside and he started showing me around.

"This is your desk," He pointed to the counter which was the first thing you saw when you walked in, "You pretty much get to sit here the whole day," he said laughing.

"Here's the phone, it's the main line. Anyone who calls here will call to this phone, then you can connect them to whoever they need. You put the appointments in the computer obviously," he said, showing me the filing system they have.

"Other employees will. also bring you files of different customers they have, you have to file them in these cabinets. You're the only one who will be using this desk." He continued showing me everything I needed to know. And when he was finished showing me around the office, we were both hungry.

"Im starved, let's grab lunch, my treat." He said, heading out to the car.

I followed him and climbed into the passenger seat.

"I want to thank you, Taylor. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't met you. I honestly had no idea where I was going. I had no plan. I probably would have ended up having to go back home, which is something I definitely don't want to do." I told him.

"You're very welcome, Monica," he said, smiling, "I want to thank you also, because thanks to you, now I have a roomie and a receptionist!"

I laughed. Taylor is the only one who has actually made me genuinely laugh since my mom's death. And although I was far from happy, atleast I could enjoy myself a little bit with Taylor.

"Who the hell does he think he?!?" shouted Taylor.

I rolled my eyes. I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I had been living with Taylor for a week now, and it was going great. So was my job. Right now he was screaming at the TV, watching some show. I guess some character was upsetting him. I chuckled.

I placed the chicken and rice dish in the oven and set the timer, then I went into the entertainment room and sat down next to Taylor.

He glanced at me, "Hey."

"Hey yourself."

I pulled out my cell and turned it on for the first time since I ran from the funeral. It slowly booted up, and then text messages started popping up. And it showed I had 13 new voicemails. I went through the texts. They were all from my aunt, dad, and sister. Well most of them. Some were from my friends, but they weren't too worried, because they probably thought I was at home with my family, moping about my mom's death. I started listening to the voicemails. A few were from my dad, he was apologizing, begging me to come home. Telling me that he would be here for me. One was from my sister, she was saying how she had to head back to Seattle, but to call her when I got this. A couple from my aunt saying how much she missed me, and to please come back and stay with her. I deleted all the voicemails, and was about to shut my phone off again, when it started vibrating. I looked down and saw that my dad was calling. Might as well get this over with.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Monica!" my dad yelled in shock, guess he didn't think I was going to pick up.

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"I expected for it to go straight to voicemail."

"Alright," I said. I could tell he didn't know what to say.And I wasn't going to make it easier on him.

"What do you want, Dad?" I asked him, frustration showing in my voice.

Taylor's eyes widened, and he muted the TV.

"I want you to come hom, Monica, where you belong." He said to me.

"I am home, Dad," I told him, "I have a new home."

It was silent for a moment.

"Where are you at?" my dad asked me.

"Dad," I sighed in frustration, "If you don't have something to say then I'm going to go now."

"No, Monica! Wait please don't d -"

I snapped the phone shut, the tears were threatening to spill over. I sniffed, trying to fight them.

Taylor put an arm around me and pulled me into his side. I buried my face into his chest and let the tears out.

"Shhh, it's okay," he said soothingly, his hand was rubbing up and down my back.

I stopped crying and looked up at him. He looked me in the eyes, and I could tell he cared for me. Before I knew what I was doing, I put my arm around his neck and crashed his lips onto mine. I could tell he was totally shocked at first, but I didn't care. I continued kissing him, his warm lips against mine feeling good. Then he started kissing me back.I wrapped both of my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss, and he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. He nibbled on my lower lip, and I opened my mouth, letting him completely in. Before I knew what was happening, I was laying on the couch, and he was ontop of me, holding his weight off of me with his arms. I pulled away to catch my breath and looked at him in the eyes. What did I do! I shoved him off of me and ran towards the door, grabbing my car keys on the way.

"Monica wait!" he cried, jumping up and following me. By the time he came out the door, I was in my car and pressing on the gas. As I sped off I looked in the mirror, and saw him standing there, watching me. What is wrong with me. Every time I kiss a guy I like I freak out and run. Did I just say like? I don't know anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go guys. Hope you liked it! Please leave me feedback on Taylor and everything else. please comment and vote, it means a lot to me.

xoxo, Juliet