xxxi

xxxi | happy birthday

"Turn to your right," I directed Wesley.

It was Saturday and Gracie's son's birthday party. We were going to be surrounded by a few kids and family members from Gracie's side. I was quite excited. I was going to meet Gracie's favorite human being, her son.

"That blue house right there!" I said, "Park right here!"

"Yes ma'am," said Wesley as he parked the car.

I get off the car and go to the back seat and grabbed Gracie's son's present. She rambles on about her son's obsession with superheroes like Batman and Captain America and me, wanting her kid to like me, I got him a Batman car. Wesley suggested, especially because he wanted it too, I swear, he acts like a child sometimes. 

We walked up the front stairs and Wesley knocked on the door. Soon it opened, revealing Gracie with a white sundress, her blond hair was pulled into a half ponytail, tiny flowers were placed in her hair, her face was covered light makeup. Though she was all fixed up all pretty, you could tell by her eyes and voice she was tired but tried her best to cover it up cheerily, "Cassie Berry, Wes! Come in! t's only been two hours and I'm already tired." 

We enter the house and it was a nice and cozy little house. Gracie leads us to the kitchen, taking the [resent from me to place them on the dining room table, "Come on, the party is in the back."

We go through sliding doors that led to the backyard. There were tons of kids, dress as superheroes, running around, teens were in a corner on their phone, adults were by the food. At the cake table, there was a huge balloon that had number 5 in blue. There were lanterns all over the place which make the party look like it's in outer space.

"Wait, right here, okay!" Gracie tells Wesley and me before disappearing in the chaos, trying not into the running children.

Wesley laughs, throwing his arm around my shoulder. We wait for a while until Gracie comes back with a small figure in her arms and another figure standing by her but he was taller than her. He was extremely tall, probably even taller than Wesley. He had gorgeous blue eyes and his brown hair was all over the place but it fits him very well. He has a nice smile, his teeth are white as little snowflakes.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend, Jack, Jack this is Cassidy and Wesley," said Gracie introducing us.

"Hey, it's nice to finally meet you guys," said Jack, giving us a strong but firm handshake.

"And this one right here is Max," said Gracie.

Max had a Batman costume on. You couldn't see his face because he was wearing a Batman mask. Gracie pulls up his mask and reveals a little small boy with chubby cheeks. He had very light freckles on his nose just like his dad with the same brown hair. Like father, like son; although he had Gracie's facial features, a small nose, soft angled eyebrows, lower lips plumped, and his eyes were a mixture of green and blue.