viii

viii | the whys

viii | the whys

"Fuck!" Calum yelled frustratedly.

"Hood, it's useless." I sighed.

He's been trying to open the door for the past ten minutes. No matter how hard he tried, he continued to kick and kick the damn door. I still can't believe that Ashton and Angelina would do this to me. locking me up in this tiny closet full of coats and shoes with other random things my parents and I had thrown in here. Not us, me! Ashton knows how much I hate Calum, Ashton, and Angelina were the only people I talked to last year. Now, I'm in this freakin' closet with Calum Hood!

Sitting down in this crapped closet, my back was pressed against the wall. I watched as Calum slumped against a free wall. He started to stare at me. A little bit too much, I was starting to become uncomfortable, so I just kept on looking away. Suddenly, I was shaking, a great mixture of the cold and his creepy stares.

"Can you stop?!" I asked Calum, slightly annoyed.

"Stop what?!" he asked back.

"Can you stop staring at me?!"

Calum didn't respond. Instead, he crawled towards me, there was barely any space and plus it was small but he took his time, making it look like it will take a long time to get to me. My heart started pounding, I brought my knees up to my chest, holding onto them and shutting my eyes.

"Please don't hurt me," I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear me.

Suddenly, I felt something warm on my shoulders. Opening my eyes, Calum was putting his sweater around me. He looks at me before turning to crawl back to the other side of this tiny closet. There were no emotions in his eyes- Ha, I can see he has Teenage Mutant Turtle Ninja boxers, his pants were falling down a bit. 

"Nice boxers," I snorted.

"Whatever," mumbled Calum as he slumped against the wall, resting his head against the wall. and closing his eyes. 

He started to shake too.

"Why did you gave me your sweater when you're cold?"

He just shrugs. I stared at the door, hoping for Angelina to open the door. We remained silent in this awkward atmosphere.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Calum suddenly asks.

"I don't know. Why do you bully me so much?" I asked Calum

-

Shit. I don't know why I even started to bully her when we were in middle school. She was the shy girl with her nose stuck to a book or something and didn't talk a lot. She sat in the back of the class and looked outside; however, she was kind enough to help anyone. She was the captain of the volleyball team back then. But I did ruin her life. She did have friends, she had everything a girl could have.

"I don't know-"

"There's always a reason behind everything." Cassie cuts me off.

My eyes averted towards her, she stared at the wall with the selves of my sweater as puppy paws, looking smaller than she already was.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, looking down.

"There's a say when boys mess with a girl its because they like the girl..." Cassie said, she turned to me, "Did you like me?"

Maybe. But she's just not my type.

"Yeah, I guess, back then. But now. I'm not interested to find any love," I answered," plus, it's just fun to mess with you. I guess that's why I still bully you."

-

So he liked me back then, but it was taken out of control. And now, I'm just a fuckin toy to him.

"Why do you hate me?" Calum asks again.

"I don't know-"

"There's always a reason behind everything," Calum said to me, using my words against me.

I turned to him. He was waiting for me to answer him.

"Fine, remember the day when you slapped me during free gym in 6th grade? And you would constantly continue to mess with me since? Each day, people would leave. No one would even speak to me. You continued to bully me so much that I wasn't happy," I confessed to him, " I wasn't the girl I was before. No one would even notice unless I was the Baggie or The Reject Girl. When high school came, I just gave up, it's all your damn fault, Hood! I had everything back then! Everything! I have nothing now but a dead soul!"

He was shocked, my body reacted differently, it was not the reaction I wanted from him. I wanted him to understand my pain, my sadness.  I balled my hands into a fist and crawled to him. I started to punch his chest as tears streamed down my face. Calum grabbed my wrist and held me back.

"I'm sorry."

Suddenly, the door opened. Angelina was standing than was going to throw herself to attack Calum, but Michael quickly held her back. Luke grabbed my forearm and pulled me up. He took me to my living room and let me go to sit on the couch; meanwhile, the others were arguing in the kitchen.

"I know you hate Calum, but if you give him the chance, he's actually a nice guy," said Luke, playing with his band bracelets.

"If he's such a nice guy, then why doesn't he stop bully me?"

Luke opened his mouth. Nothing came out and so, he closed his mouth. He turned his head and looked at his black converse and we leave it at that.