xxv

xxv | my family

xxv | my family

The ride to Cassidy's direction in Ashton's car was casual with all of us making stupid comments or jokes. Cassidy and I would battle on who could sing the highest whilst the others judged us. Though it was a great time, I couldn't help but be surprised that Cassidy sat in between Angelina and me, leaving Luke in the backseat all by himself, usually, she would sit with him, but not this time. In no time, we arrived at an entrance with a silver sign hanged outside with writing craved into it, writing out "The Winters' Home for All".

Guilt washes over me as I remembered years back when Calum and I found out that Cassidy spent her time here, we thought she lived here as an orphan, but it was the motive for Calum. And then the next day, when Calum bullied her, not wanting to deal with the 'weird orphan' girl. Though it seemed it never affect her, but it did. After everything, I still guilty to this day.

Ashton parks the van, we all get out and followed the girls as they walked towards the front door. Instantly, a lady comes out of the door after Cassidy knocks only twice on the door. The lady was already in a coat with her purse over her should, "Thank goodness you're here! I'm sick. They're all in the basement watching tv."

She quickly leaves, fast walking to her car, starts the engine and leaves. That's weird, I turned around to see the girls laughing, leaving the guys and me shocked outside. Is that normal for them? We entered the building, just by entering, It was a bit of a mess since there were toys, shoes, and sweaters on the floor. I don't want to even think about the rest of the house. 

"Watch this," said Cassie, walking towards the stairway, "MARCO!"

The guys and I stare her in confusion while Angelina laughs. But soon enough,  we heard many steps coming up the stairs. Besides the long staircase, a door opens, revealing small children bursting out, "POLO!" 

A small tribe of little kids from different colors, ages, and heights came and ran towards Cassidy. Screaming and laughing as they ran towards the direction of Cassidy's voice. 

"Cassie is home!!!" they all cheered as they tackled her down.

Cassidy falls to the ground,  laughing so hard that she begins to cry. She never laughed this much when she hanged with us. Her nose crinkled, her eyes shut tightly and her cheeks were tinted in pink blush. She calls to the kids to calm down, they all get off, allowing Cassidy to get up and hugged the little ones. Soon a couple of teens followed along coming from downstairs and hugged Cassidy. A little girl comes up to me, absorbing my figure very closely.

"Cassie! Who are these weird tall boys?" asked the little girl.

"These are my friends," Cassidy answered the dark skin girl, crouching down to the little one's height, "Guys, please meet these wonderful kids. They're like my family."

I could feel Calum shuffle a bit, I can't tell if he was happy but whatever it was, Cassidy never told us that they were friends. I guess she accepts him as a friend now.