xvi

xvi | who are you?

xvi | who are you?

Never did I attend a school event since Calum started bullying me. Why spend extra time in the afternoon to be bullied. When the guys told Angelina, she was excited, but the truth was revealed to her, about my scars. She was upset but calmed as she hugged me. I thought she wouldn't agree with taking me to the dance, but I thought wrong. 

"Cassidy,"

"No!"

"I swear to God, Cassidy," Angelina huffed loudly," We already have the dress and the heels, all we need is a girl to get in this-"

"I refuse to go," I tell her," why should I go?"

Angelina sighs, she sits down on my bed, sulking as she spaces out, "Cassidy, you are not going to have chances like this to make good memories. It's your junior year, even though it may not be such a big deal for you, it should be. You're not going to be a kid anymore, you're going to be an adult soon and off to do whatever you want to do in college. Enjoy it while it lasts."

I knew my cousin was right, I just didn't want to admit it. But I guess I did as I was sitting in front of my un-used vanity. She covered every inch of my face with the errors in my face, covering it with a natural face makeup look, successfully putting one a light-medium face coverage. Light contouring on my cheek to define my cheekbones with a touch of light pink blush, medium contour to my jawline to become more defined, and made my nose smaller than it already was. My eyelids were covered in a light brown crease and my lips covered in a brown-pink matte lipstick. She doesn't forget to cover my arm with foundation when she was done, the color of old or new scars had vanquished, as if they never happened.

Slipping on the burgundy floral lace off-shoulder dress, I didn't know how to feel. It was nice but way out of my comfort zone. It had shown my shoulders, arms, and showed to much my legs, but Angelina suggested it was a cute dress for me. The dark color matched perfectly well with the black velvet wedge heels and the red rose earrings too.

"Angelina, I can't go like this, I need a mask-"

"Don't worry my dear cousin," Angelina sings as she enters my room, hiding her hands behind her back," For I have what you need."

She hands me a black lace mask, the style was cute and simple, not too fancy nor too simple. It was just right. Just right to fit in this stupid masquerade ball the school is holding on a Saturday night where I could be laying in bed, in my pj's and watching movies with Angelina.

After half an hour of Angelina taking pictures of me and her, she drives us to my school also dressed in a short simple satin blue V-neck and pairs of silver ankle-strap heels with makeup done similar to mine, but she wears red matte lipstick, driving in the warm night. Reaching my school, students were making their way to the entrance of the school with a banner by the doors with fonts in gold glitter, Masquerade Ball.

"I can't go in there,"

"Yes, you can," Angelina encourages me," No one will notice you."

 Huffing, I got out of the car and walked to the entrance with Angelina. Showing the tickets the Michael had bought for us in the entrance, we walked through the school's hallway and into the gym, it was decorated with lights and curtains that were hung up all the ceiling down to the floor. The DJ was held on stage towards the other end of the gym in the center. Warm light dangled from the ceiling all over the gym, looking like little stars in the sky.