iv

iv | the unexcepted

iv | the unexcepted

After a long day at school and having to deal with Calum's followers teasing me, I went home. The only thing I was probably thankful was Calum ditching school so the best early Christmas gift I had ever received by far. Once I got home and I unlocked my door. My white and black Shih Tzu dog, Sherry, comes and greets me. She barks and jumps around as I bent down to rub my hand against her fluffy fur.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked in the silent house.

Not home. As always.

Whats there to be expected? They're in a huge business company, it's their main job, my dad is the CEO and my mom is his secretary. Apart of that, they have their other job which a building for the orphanage. The place I grew up in, wanting to be surrounded by kids, seeing them as my siblings. I really don't like their main job, my dad claim when I finish high school, I will be married to a business man's son to take on the next CEO; however, it will be my future husband not me. As stupid and unrealistic it sounds, like coming from a fanfiction book from Wattpad, TV show, or movie, it's happening, it's my fate. A fate I do no desire at all. 

Ring! Ring!

Mid-stopped as I entered that kitchen when I felt my phone vibrate, taking out it from my pocket. I check the caller ID, it was my cousin, Angelina. Sliding the grey button, I brought the small device to my ear.

"Hello?"

"You and me, out to the mall, then dinner." She said, randomly.

"What?"

"I'm taking you out since I'm bored. I bet you are too dork." She giggled.

"Okay, I guess," I tell her.

"I'll be there in 3," Angelina said before hanging up.

As much as I didn't like going out, I had to. My cousin does not take a no for an answer. She's not the kind of person you would want to mess with. She's practically the devil if I say so myself. 

I go to the kitchen and fed Sherry. After putting her food, I go upstairs. Looking through my closet, I became indecisive. If I have worn my normal daily clothing, Angelina would freak, for her, fashion is everything, if you're not going all out, she will simply change you into new clothing. So I decide on a blue crop top with yellow sparkles that said "Fabulous" and I wear gray high waisted shorts since it was a nice day and Angelina had bought for me. I put on a black loose sweater to at least cover up my arms. I put on Bluetooth and played my playlist as I put on little makeup and straighten my hair.

Soon Angelina came, after complaining to her for not wanting to go to the mall due to the distance and being crowded, we decided to go to the arcade close by. 

The arcade was a big building. An arcade we used to go to when we were younger. Even though it had been years, they still look the same. Just the furniture and games were different. Once we entered and paid for entry, we went straight to the games, as always, I won.

"Can you get me a teddy bear from the claw machine?!" Angelina asked, eyeing a white bear with a pink dress.

I nodded, turning around to walk over to the claw machine through the crowded hallway. When approaching the machine, I run before anyone could bet me but a strong force hit me, dropping to the floor.

"Shit- I'm so sorry." said a voice

"It's okay," I groaned, rubbing my side.

The person grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"Thank yo-...C-Calum?" I said in a frightened voice.

Calum squints his eyes. He looks up and down. "Caggie?"

I growled," It's Cassie."

"Cassidy, what's going on?" Angelina asked from behind until she meets eye contact with Calum," I thought we were gonna eat, you silly. Let's go."

She grabs my wrist and pulls me away from Calum. Passing by a few people, we make to the food area. She waks to an empty booth where you can see the guest playing the video games.

"Calum Hood remembered him?" I asked Angelina jokingly.

Angelina grunts and rolls her eyes. By then, we ordered our meals, talked, laughed and ate. But I can't believe I saw Calum. I never expected to even bump into him, I just hoped nothing happens tomorrow.

__

When we arrived at the arcade, we decided to eat first before we wandered around to play every game possible. The amount of games we played, I lost count.

"Guys, I'm hungry again," whined Michael.

"When are you not?" Ashton asked.

"Let's get pizza," he whines again.

"Let's get fries too!" adds Luke.

Before I even knew it, they started to chant Pizza! Pizza!, dancing in a circle which causes for the people around us to give weird looks but at this point, they didn't care.

"Let's go." I laughed at them, turning and bumped into someone which was a girl with pretty brown hair, "Shit- I'm so sorry," I said

"It's okay," she groans lightly.

I bent down and I grabbed her hand to pull her up.

"Thank yo-...C-Calum?" She said in a frightened voice.

That's weird. I squinted my eyes. I look up and down at her tiny body and height, "Caggie?"

She growled,"It's Cassie."

"Cassidy, what's going on?" asked a girl with black hair, we met 3ye contact for a split second before she pulled her away to the food area to a booth, "I thought we were gonna eat, you silly. Let's go."

"Hey, isn't that Cassidy Winters?" Ashton asked as he came from behind me with a plastic cup in his hand, drinking out of the straw.

"Who?" I asked turning to him.

"Yeah, cute girl, antisocial," Ashton said,"and the girl who you ruined her life."

"How?" I asked

"Really, dude? You basically bullied her all her life. She hates you and the rest of the football team. Well, except Luke and me." Michael said, coming up behind us with a slice of pizza.

"What the fuck? Did you run over there?!" Luke asked Michael.

"Dude. The Clifford family doesn't work out." Michael said, taking a bite of his pizza.

I looked over to see Cassie talking to the other girl. Must be relative since she doesn't talk to anyone at school, but she does look pretty.

Did I just called Caggie pretty?