xxvi

xxvi | why?

xxvi | why?

"I'm sorry," I tell Michael, "I'm eating lunch with Wesley today and tomorrow."

Michael nods, pursing his lips lightly before I turned away and walked with Wesley to our first period. Wesley engaged with me about the new rumors about the soccer junior varsity. I allowed him to talk whatever he wanted, it helped me to relax and to keep myself distracted from everything for the past couple of days. For instances, dad had woken up, though I was happy, I was also upset that he didn't rest and went straight to work again. With him and his stupid motto, 'work comes first, it'll bring the most necessaries in life'. For the most part, I haven't been hanging with the guys for at least this whole week, sometimes it was an excuse with my classes.

I was in the middle of the third period. I was working with Wesley on a project that Mr. B gave us. We have to get to know the person that's next to us and then he'll give us a random partner, this was not graded, it was just to take a break from the end of the second quarter.

"What do you want to know about me?" asked Wesley, stroking a weird pose.

I laughed, grabbing out my notebook and a pen, "Um, what's your favorite color?" 

"Oh, what a complicated question, Cass!" Wesley whines playfully, huffing and looking up in the sky as if he was imagining hard. Glaring at him, he laughs and I slam his arm after he answers me.

"Okay, red, How about you?" He asks, leaning against the table with his right shoulder, staring at me.

"Blue and black."

We continued on for the silly questions that Mr. B has listed on the paper. Wesley messing around as we talked, enjoying the small time we had in class before it ended. I think I was able to fully know Wesley as a person, though he's athletic, he has a love for reading. He hates mint chocolate because it tastes like toothpaste. When he would go over his friend's house and they would make a soup named Caldo de Pollo, he likes to eat it with banana since that what his friend's family does too. He likes learning about other cultures and their religion. He also confessed his frustrations when moving here from Charlotte, he had to move because of his parent's job. He had grown up in Charlotte his whole life, he had to leave his friends and family. 

"Okay! Last question. If you could describe yourself in 6 words, what would it be?" 

 " Let me think... Your hot, amazing prince has arrived," Wesley answers, winking at me.

"You're such a doofus," I laughed, "but be serious!"

"Fine! Adventurous, reliable, sympathetic, witty, persistent, and athletic." He told me before adding on," Also your prince charming." I rolled my eyes playfully and wrote it down.

"Well, looks like we're done," I tell him, "I didn't think we would have a couple of things in common. This was fun."

"Yeah- hey, I have a question," Wesley tells me, sitting up.

"But we answer all of the questions already..."

"This is a question of my own actually," 

"Give me your best shot," I said smiling.

"What do you see in yourself in going out with-"

The sound of an alarm burst throughout the class. Mr. B gets up from his seat and goes up to his computer set by the projector, Mr. B announces, "I hope you asked all of your questions because we will have an actual assignment, you will new partners to over the books we've read "The Great Gatsby" and the recent playbook we've read "Blood Wedding" by Federico Lorca. You'll be working with your partner during this weekend with the prompts you'll choose in the paper." 

"You can tell me after class," I whispered in Wesley's ear as Mr. B started assigning people randomly Wesley was with some guy named Carter Grater. Wesley and I couldn't help but laugh to name. By now, my stomach twists, the majority of the class were already in partners, only a hand full of students weren't partnered up yet.

"Calum Hood, I hope you will put the effort in this assignment, you'll be working with Cassidy Winters."

I turned my head to the direction where Calum was sitting, in the second row. He was already staring at me. No. I looked down, gathering my things and roughly setting them in my bag, just in time the bell rings and Wesley grabs our stuff to rush out of the class.

"He better not mess with my princess," muttered Wesley throwing his arm around my shoulder as we walked out of the class.

"Wes, I won't let him do anything to me," I reassured him," I promise."

His princess?

Ever since I told Welsey about my past with Calum this week, he has been furious and completely hates Calum. Though I'm glad he understands how I felt, I did inform him that we made truce, I've been trying to keep my distance from him.

"If anything happens, call me, alright" sighed Wesley, looking at me.

"I will now go to your practice while I go to the library." I pushed him towards the doors that lend outside.

"But I wanted to walk you," pouted Wesley as I laughed and leaving him to stand there. 

I made my way to the direction of the school's library. Passing by a couple of the lower classmen as they goofed off in the hallways. I swear, everyone is still at a children's phase. Eventually, I made it to the library and I greeted the Librarian, quietly.

"Dear, Cassidy, will you take care of the library while I go to the bathroom?" she asked.

"Oh, sure," I said as I set my things down.

She left and I took her place. I looking over the notepad on the side of her computer to see if the dates of new books arriving and the list of books that may be ordered. Sighing, I get on my phone, checking if there was anything interesting going-on on Twitter.  As I scrolled through my newsfeed, my phone then beeps loudly. I tried to cover the dig, to quieten my phone but the students studying there gave me looks or hushed me, I whispered a loud 'sorry' before they all resumed to studying or whatever they were doing. Sighing, I felt my face was burning out of embarrassment, I didn't silence my phone! Peeking at my phone, I had received a message from an unknown number.

Unknown message:
So where r we meeting at?

How did he get my number?

Me: 

How did u get my number, Calum

Unknown:
I asked Michael for it, like a while back

Me:

Why? We weren't associating w each other back then

Unknown:
Idk

Me: 

My place, tomorrow at 12

I left it like that. Not even looking at the phone after he responds. Why would he want my phone number if we didn't even talk to each other back then?

The thought of being alone with Calum made me anxious. Though a truce was mad, I'm still scared of Calum. I don't trust him like I do with everyone else. It's one of the reasons I'm not around Calum. There's still a thought in the back of my head that he may bully me, lying to me that he won't bully me anymore.

I'm just too scared to get to close.