vi

vi | the sudden change and crazy relative

The moment I woke up, I knew something was wrong. I didn't know what it was, but it didn't feel right. It felt heavy, my guts twisted and turned into huge knots in my stomach. It was an uncomfortable feeling that woke up me up at five in the morning and wouldn't let me sleep. And so I took a shower, changed into a band shirt, black skinny jeans with holes on the knees, and a black sweater, and ate breakfast to try to distract myself from the feeling. It didn't seem to work either. 

By seven, I left the house, waiting in the morning breeze for Ashton, he picks Luke, Michael, and I to take us to school since it was on his way to work or he genuinely wanted to. The ride at least took away that uncomfortable feeling, allowing me to have fun and sing with the guys with whatever song that was on the radio. By the time, we reached the entrance, the feeling didn't come but it was an eerie feeling hovering me, I felt it on every inch of my skin. 

"Dude, let's go, they're beating the Reject Girl!" a red-haired guy told a blonde dude running towards the entrance.

"Reject Girl? Don't tell me-"

"It is," Luke answers Ashton, sighing," It's Thankful Day, mate."

"Ashton, don't leave just yet,"  I tell him, unbuckling my seatbelt before I got off the car, Ashton hums loudly.

Running to the entrance then to the school, Michael, Luke, and I followed the chaos like everyone was, in secret, making sure the adults didn't suspect anything was happening. Students secretly entered the gym, a loud gym. Storming through the doors, I made my way to the wall where everyone had crowded. I pushed through the crowd with all my might, so did Michael and Luke. Once I got towards the middle, I see one of the boys from the football team, Sam, kneeling down upon the most outcast girl in the school and choking her. No one had acknowledged that I was here, they were too caught up with the scene, I wasn't here, they were able to do want they wanted/

The uncomfortable feeling disappeared as a heavier weight traveled up to my chest, throat, and head.  I knew then that the feeling of anger had risen in my veins, walking up to Sam, I had felt no control of my body since I threw a punch at his cheek. Once a fist was thrown, the others tried to hit me but ended up getting pushed or hit by Luke and Michael. I rushed to Cassie, kneeling down by her, she wasn't breathing right or she looked too tired. I looped my arm behind her legs, and one around her waist and lifted her- she's too light.

"Luke, Michael. Come on!"I yelled at them.

I ran through the crowd with them following behind me, along with the now beaten up football players chasing us. I ignored the stares of teens and even adults, their voices echoed in the hallway, asking for questions.  I ran to the car, opened the car door, and went to the back seat, gently laying Cassie down, her eyes started to flutter.

"Hey, wait now," I stammered as I set her down in the middle," Where do you live?"

She muttered foreign words I couldn't understand. Ashton had started the engine, take control of his own," I know where she lives."

He drives off before any of the football players could reach us. Silent hovered the car, their eyes eyed me in suspicious, waiting on their question on my sudden changed behavior. I simply shrugged and looked at the passed out girl, I don't even know myself.

Within half an hour, Ashton drove to a driveway, leading to a huge house before us. By the gate, there is a sign with Winters' Home in the front. Ashton parked the car by the garage and we all got out. I carried Cassie bridal style and Luke closed the door for me. We stared at the big house in front of us.

"How are we going in?" Michael asked, still staring at the house.

We started to look around the front of the ways to get in because we all thought that the front door was locked and needed keys and she didn't have keys on her.

"We could go inside by going through that open window," Luke said, pointing at an opened window.

"Fuck no! People are gonna think we're robbing the house, dumbass!" Ashton yelled at Luke, smacking him from behind the head.

A door opened from behind us and it came from the front door. We turned to see the girl who was with Cassie yesterday at the arcade. She was holding a pan in some kind of protection pose and it looked like she was scared. Her hair was held back in a loose bun and she wore an oversized t-shirt and loose black shorts.

"Cassidy?" She asked, looking at the unconscious girl in my arms.

She drops the pan and runs towards me. Her hazel eyes widened as she sees Cassie's face.

"Follow me." She says, turning around.

We followed her inside and go into the living room. I set Cassie on the couch, carefully, while the girl comes back with an ice bag and other stuff. She sets the things on the floor and grabbed the ice bag, putting it over on Cassie's swollen eye.

"You, redhead. I need you to hold this ice bag a bit." She told Michael.

"Um,  why?" Michael asked, holding the ice bag.

"I just need to deal with your jackass friend her," She said, coming towards me.

Out of nowhere, in a blink of an eye. I'm on the ground, laying on my stomach. The girl held my arms behind me. Ashton tried to get her to release but then.

"Touch me and you lose your fingers, Goldilocks." She growled at Ashton.

"Feisty, I like it." He said.

"Shut up, Irwin." She growled

"What? Do I know-"

"Freakin release me, you crazy bitch!" I yelled at her.

"Nope. I'm not letting go until you tell me why my cousin deserves this shit!" She yelled at me.

"What the fuck? Fuck no!" I yelled in pain as she twists my arms.

"Stop bullying my cousin, dick! Tell me what she did this time!"

"Look, I didn't touch your God damn little shit of a cousin. Someone was beating the crap out of her!"

"Lies" she muttered.

She grips tighter to my arm. I yelled in pain.

"Angelina, let him go!" Ashton yelled at the girl

"Ah-the fuck? Y-you know her?" I asked Ashton, in pain.

"We graduated together last year," Ashton said.

"I see, you remember me, Irwin," she said.

"Angelina, let us explain-"

"There's nothing to explain! He's been bully since three years ago! And you didn't even tell him to stop! And you even talk to her! Cassidy consider you as a friend, you jackass!" Angelina yelled, cutting off Ashton, but she started to cry and released me. She almost fell but Ash caught her.

"Um...where's her room?" Michael asked while stuttering.

"Up the stairs, to the left, last door in the hallway," Angelina said as she pushes Ashton away from her.

Michael carried Cassie in a bridal style and walked up the staircase. Angelina rubs her temples and sits herself down on the couch across from me. I sit on a couch, sitting next to Luke.

"Now," she sniffed, looking at me with a deadly look," we need a talk."

She has a crazy cousin.