xxix

xxix | too fast

xxix | too fast

Quiet. It's been too quiet this whole month. The majority of the time, I'm hanging with Wesley or stay stuck at the library during school. After school, the boys are fully engaged in band practice, not giving in to take a break at all whenever I tell them to take one. They even memorize things while eating. They've been awfully weird this whole month and so distance. They've also been booked on weekends so I don't get to spend that with them either. They're just ignoring me, it's hard to tell if they're just trying to focus or they're annoyed with me.

After discussing this with Angelina and Wesley during the weekend, they told me to ask them during lunch when we return to school before the end of our first semester when we'll have midterm exams. So after Literature class, I dashed out of class to catch up with Calum.

"Calum!"

Calum mid stops his tracks, looking over his shoulder to see who called him. He smiles lightly and bids goodbye to one of the seniors he was talking too and waited for me," Hey."

"Are you busy?"

"Yea," Calum sighs, "I gotta go to the music room for practice."

"Well, I'll just walk over there with you,"

"Actually," Calum sighs, stopping my tracks by the shoulder, "It's only gonna be us."

"And me,"

"No, no," Calum sighs again, "It's only gonna be just the guys."

"How come?" I question him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Uh-I," He stumbles over his words," it's a secret."

"For?"

"I can't say," Calum tells me, the bell rings, he starts walking backward, "I gotta go. Sorry, Cass."

"Can you just answer me this?" I ask him, stopping his tracks.

"What?"

"Why are you guys ignoring me?"

"I... sorry."

I watched him as he runs down the hallway, heading towards the direction of the music room. He just really left me with no answer.

They've been like they're ignoring me. I have no clue what's going on. I walked away in frustration, going out to eat with Wesley, complaining about how Luke even ignored my messages for a week on their behavior. But I wasn't going to give up. After school, I knew that it was Calum's turn to have band practice at his place and I would confront them.

Walking up the front porch, I had a pet talk with myself, it was unbelievable how nervous I was to confront them. After taking the courage, I nervously knocked on the door. The door opens to a womon with short black hair who was Calum's mother, Joy.

"Hi Cassidy," she said, a small smile spreads on her lips.

"Hi, is Calum home?" I asked her, biting my lip.