x

x | anger issues

x | anger issues

Michael and I look quickly at each other after Ashton left through Cassidy's front door with her cousin following behind him and calling out for him. Then we knew, he is not in a good mood for any issues with us. We got up on my feet, following after Calum as he was the first one to get up right away. He seemed calm and relax, not giving a care in the world like he always does. He is not affected by any of this. Getting into the car, the smell of pines from the car scent did not even calm me down. This car ride was not going to be a good one.

Ashton reverses the car out of the girl's residence, perfectly without the wheels marking the cement. He does not speak nor did Michael and I. However, Calum puts on the music loudly, immediately singing along to lyrics of the song. He taps his fingers against the car seats or on his lap, acting like nothing happen and we were barely leaving school.

Ashton turns down the volume, he doesn't take his eyes off the road at all. Calum scoffs before he goes on his world and sings the song to himself.

"Calum, why do you have to be such a dick to Cassidy?" Ashton asks him suddenly. gripping onto the stirring wheel tightly. His jaw was slightly clenched.

"I don't know! And I could be a dick to anyone!" Calum defends himself.

"I remember the day you started to bully her, Cal. She didn't do anything to you-"

"Why do you care about her all of sudden? You didn't do anything either- oh. It's because of her cousin, huh?"

Ashton stops the car, almost, causing all of us to fly out of the car. He turns his head to face Calum, it was not going to be a good sight to see.

"Get out..." growled Ashton.

"What?"

"I said get out!" Ashton yelled.

"Dude, you're kidding-"

"Hood, get your fuckin' ass out of my damn car!" Ashton yelled, cutting him off as he shoves Calum slightly.

Calum looks at Michael and me as if he was asking for help, but we didn't say anything. We didn't want to get involved with the two people who have anger problems. Calum huffs loudly before he got off and slam the door as hard as he can. He turned his heel in a different direction nor away near his place or the school. However, Ashton didn't bother to stare where he was going since he drove off once Calum slapped the door.

As he drove, no one spoke. Michael got on his phone, Ashton played a random station and I just looked out the window.

"Guys, I'm sorry," Ashton spoke out, sighing and rubbing his chin with his free hand, "Can you guys do me a favor? Please try to be friends with Cassidy and tell her I said sorry that I never did anything when Calum started to bully her."

"Yeah, it's alright," Michael said, sighing in slight annoyance.

"Alright, let's go see a movie," Ashton suggested.

"Can we go see Frozen?"

"Really? That shit again?"

-

"Mum, I'm home!" I shouted as I opened the door.

Closing the door, I dropped my bookbag on the floor and took off my shoes. I set them down with my mom and dad's shoes. It was 6, it's usually the time I get home from school since Jack and Ben left a long time ago. I greeted Molly, kneeling on the floor to rub her black fur.

"In the kitchen!" My mom shouted from the other side of the house.

I walk into the kitchen seeing mom making dinner. I go to her side and kissed her in the cheek. I take a seat on the island table. She chopped down a carrot on the cupboard so fast and light, she did it within a minute before putting the vegetables into the pot on the stove.

"Hey, honey. How was school?"

"Um, okay," I respond, playing with my wrist bands.

I was not sure how to tell my mum about the Cassidy thing. I'm close with my mom, but I never spoke to her about girl problems and it's not even my problem. I'm just a bystander with all of it, Calum bullied her, Michael would tease her; however, Ashton and I didn't. I never bothered to talk to the girl. I didn't know much about her when I moved here and I knew I shouldn't be like her if I wanted someone like Calum to mess with me.

Poor lass, though. She seems kind.

"Anything happen?" mum asks me, as she stirred in the wooden spoon in a circulate motion in the pot, eyeing me suspiciously," Like with a girl perhaps?"

"What?" I asked, trying to avoid her stare," It's nothing, trust me, mum."

"Honey, I know when you start to like a girl," Mum tells me, "You start to tenses up and every time I mention a girl, you smile."

"I do not," I mumbled.

"Then why are you smiling?" Mum asked me with a sly smirk on her lips, her face screamed cockiness all over.

I put my hand over mouth. My lips were curved into a smile. Shit, why is she always right about things?

"Soooo, tell me!" Mum said, propping her elbow on the island table," Who's this girl who catches my little boy's heart?"

"Mum!" I whined, my cheeks started to become warm and pursing my lips.

"Oh come on!" mum whined back, she was smiling and enjoying this too much.

"Mum! She's just a weird girl from school," I told mum, "And just because I smile does not mean I like her. Plus, she's too occupied by Calum."

"Calum? Does he like her?"

"No,"

"Does she like him?"

"No,"

"Is she a type for Cal?"

"You can say that," I tell her that sarcastically.

"Well, be friends. Okay?"