xviii

xvii | band practice

"Leave me alone!"

"Cassidy!"

"Look, I'm sorry!"

Scoffing, I finally turned around to face the blond lanky boy, his blue eyes were moving frantically, and his mouth opened but no words came out. I crossed my arms and tapped my left foot repeatedly on the white tiled floor. 

"Nothing?"

"No-"

"Of course!"

"Cassidy," Luke calls out, trying to pull into a hug, I pushed him away from me immediately," I'm sorry."

"No, you're not," I tell him, holding onto my bag strap, "Apologize to me when you mean it."

Spinning around, I walked down the hallway to look for Wesley. School is over and I was going to meet up the boys after I talk to Wesley. I felt terrible how I didn't get to teach him anything thanks to Luke. During lunch hour, Luke was being rude and annoying the whole time, trying to distract me so I wouldn't be able to talk to Wesley. In the end, I ended up taking pictures of my notes and send them to Wesley. Luke eventually got angrier when we exchanged numbers, by then I decided to leave with my meal to go with Wesley.   

"Hey, Wesley," I called out as I see his figure, Wesley turns around and smiles once he recognizes me, he stops what he's doing and waits for me.

"Hey Cass," smiled Wesley as I approached him.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk about lunch earlier. I'm sorry about Luke, I don't understand why he's-"

"Naw, don't worry about it," Wesley cuts me off, waving his hand up in the air, trying to brush the topic off,  "I get it, you guys are dating, he's just jealous-"

"Wait, no, no, no- we are not dating." I coughed, choking on my saliva. 

"Really? The way he looks at you and the way you look at him, I thought you guys were dating," Wesley informed me. 

My jaw dropped as I stared at Wesley in complete shock. No words could get out of my mouth. 

"Hey, look I gotta go, I'm going to talk to the soccer coach. See ya tomorrow," Wesley tells me as he slips on a grey sweater and grabs his bookbag before he kissed me on the forehead, "Luke must be a lucky guy."

I watched as Wesley jogs down the hallway in the opposite way, heading towards the gym, Pointing at myself, I was still in shock, "Me and Luke?"

Beep!

Jumping, I reached for my phone from my bag. Looking at the notification, I instantly opened the message.

Mickey-Boo: U might walk to my place...Calum is coming today.