xix

xix |  big questions and the weirdness

Talk? In private?

I just nodded. Luke gets up and I followed his lead and we head up the stairs. I felt three pairs of eyes on us as we went up the stairs. Luke leads us into the kitchen, I immediately sit on a stool and watch Luke as he grabs a water bottle from the fridge. Luke leans on the island table popping his elbows on it. He just stares at me, as if everything he was about to tell me was all gone. 

I did not like the tension in the air. I thought it would be just about my anger with Luke being rude to Wesley. I must've thought wrong, Luke was not being just serious but also nervous, he kept on cupping his hands together and rubbing them together. He would avoid eye contact with me here and there. I looked away and tried focusing on other things like Michael and Ashton roasting each other while Calum was laughing to whatever nonsense they blurted out to each other. 

"Cassidy," Luke sighed out loud.

"Yes?" I asked Luke.

Luke opens his mouth but quickly closes it and shoves his hands into his pockets. He always does that when he's nervous.

"First of all, I wanted to apologize about earlier in Lunch. I don't know- I mean I do know- wait that's not the point. I guess what I'm trying to say is," Luke breaths in, looks directly at me, "I was a little jealous that you were making a new friend and he was a dude, I guess I was getting attached to you or something."

"So now I'm just something?"

"Oh- wait no! That's not what I-"

"I was playing," I cut him off, laughing at his scared reaction, "I forgive you, but you would need to apologize to him."

"I will don't worry."

"It's that it?"

"Um, no," Luke mutters, slightly getting more anxious by the second, but eventually he continues, "Uh, um Cassidy...okay. Wouldyouliketogoonadatewithme?"

"Luke, please talk slow."

Luke makes his way over to me, his expression was serious and in almost tenderness causing my heart to beat fast against my chest. Luke was towering over me. I could feel his breath hitting my skin, my breath was starting to get heavier and heavier by the stare I was receiving from Luke.

"Cassidy, Would you like to go on a date with me?" Luke asked slowly.

Staring back into his ocean blue eyes, words couldn't spill out of my lips. I never knew Luke would have feelings for me. This is the first time a guy had ever told me he likes me and wants to go on a date with me.

"I-I mean it doesn't really matter. We could just go stick with being friends. It's just that I really like-"

"Luke, I would love to go on a date with you."