Always Be Here (Hunk x Reader!)

Start from the beginning

"Hunk, guess what?" (Y/n) asks, childish grin on his/her face, "I made a cake for us. The occasion is.... An early birthday cake for myself?"

"Your birthday isn't for another two months," Hunk says.

"Who cares? It's cake, be happy." He/She replies, "oh yeah, I also got a Christmas present for you,"

"Christmas?!" He could hear himself yelps, eye brow raised.

Why were these fragments of memories resurfacing? And like the wind, he swore he heard the sweet sound of his/her voice, a whisper of 'feel better,' before dissipating. Hunk had fallen victim and like an idiot, searched the area for any signs of his/her presence. No. Nothing. His eyes closed, grumble leaving his lips as he lays back, grass tickling his neck a little bit. Oh man, he must have been going nuts. Just then, he could hear the call of Keith, hand mentioning him to come closer and he did so.

"You have to see this," Keith states, eyes wavering before he pauses, actually, I think you should go up ahead."

Hunk complied, following the direction where Keith's finger pointed, just behind the ship where his eyes met with Lance's. The chestnut haired man blinked, as if he just saw something he shouldn't have and Lance shook his head quickly, greeting Hunk with a smile. It was Hunk's turn to blink, mind going blank at the sight of a familiar figure standing in front of Lance. It was him/her. A wry smile crept on his/her lips, (e/c) coloured eyes clouded with distance, and he/she grumbled. Hunk looked back at the sudden realization of his missing escort Keith, and the normally talkative Lance making an excuse to leave. Hunk mouthed a 'thank you,' before watching the blue paladin walk towards the entrance to the ship.

His voice was muted.

"Hunk..." (Y/n) mutters, averting his/her gaze.

"Uh-," great start, Hunk.

"I don't have much time," he/she says.

His/her figure was like a hologram, if it was someone messing with him, Hunk would be deeply upset. Hurt. Although, just being able to see (y/n) again hurt. Words stuck in his throat and the only thing that left his lips was a light chuckle, oh god. Not much time? How many times does he/she have to leave him so helpless, so lonely? His throat ached, eyes now staring at the ground and he no longer felt the need to say anything. A wry smile forms on his lips as he catches a glimpse of him/her, tears starting to blur his vision until he could no longer stop them from from falling.

"I've missed you like crazy," (y/n) mumbles, approaching the tanned man little by little, quite like he/she was scared, "I'm sorry, Hunk. I'm really sorry..."

"You-," Hunk whispers, weakly, "-(y/n), don't say that.."

"I heard the news Hunk," he/she whispers, the smile he missed so much forming on her facial features, "I'm so happy, Hunk. I'm... So proud of you..."

A chuckle left her lips, "I'm so happy," he/she murmurs, a tear trickling down his/her cheek, "Hunk, you be happy too, okay?"

Hunk nods, "why'd you?" He couldn't finish it.

His/Her eyes were glazed, as if he/she were attempting to conceal any sad emotions. "You're the only one who I couldn't stand leaving," he/she whispers, "It was an accident, it wasn't anyone's fault, Hunk,"

"It was the drivers fault," Hunk says, softly protesting so he/she wouldn't hear the ugly, croaky voice of his.

"No it wasn't, it's no ones fault," he/she responds, extending his/her hand but dropping
it to his/her side. "Accidents happen, it couldn't be helped," he/she says, sigh escaping.

Hunk had calmed down by then, though he couldn't speak, mind whirling with thoughts of only (y/n), unanswered questions, and things he had wanted to say, his voice only allowing a small noise which received a small laugh from his once lover. That word made his cheeks flush, the spirit of (y/n) expressing great curiosity in Hunk. He shook his head, dismissing the thought immediately. Another smile curled on his/her lips, eyes full of bliss as he/she sat beside him.

"Hunk," he/she says, "I'll always be here... With you,"

No, no, no, he didn't want to hear anything like that. It sounded as if he/she were saying goodbye.

"Why are you saying this," it wasn't a question, more a cry out of desperation, "please... Don't..."

"I-," (y/n) pauses, "I have to go."

Hunk couldn't say anything, merely taking in a shaky breath in preparation of the final goodbye. His/eyes widen and the sudden embrace caused Hunk to close his eyes, taking in the feeling of the realistic hug, a pair of lips gently placed atop his forehead and Hunk knew. As his eyes opened, he saw the figure dispersing into nothingness, tanned arms dropping to his side as he witnessed the smile turning into a frown, (e/c) misty with tears.

"I love you, Hunk..."

The soft sound of the confession caused his heart to ache, he loved him/her too. Hunk's lips parted then closed, the figure now disappearing completely, leaving Hunk feeling lonely and longing for the same sensation of his/her warmth. He had taken a seat on the grass, head lowered so his eyes wouldn't look up to see anything else, like his energy had been drained. He was too lost in thought that he hadn't noticed Keith taking a seat next to him, hand placed on his shoulder in comfort.

"You need anything?" Keith says, in a soft, soothing whisper.

"I could really use a friend," Hunk mutters.

"Well I'm here now," Keith replies, hands resting behind his head as he lays on the grass beside Hunk, "the stars are nice tonight, huh,"

Hunk let himself fall back, catching a good view of the Galaxy above them and he grunts in response, the lingering feeling of loneliness slowly slipping away. Blissful for his friends, Hunk thought of many things all the while hearing Keith talk in a soft tone, small chuckles escaping his lips.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I attempted to write Hunk angst AND MY H E ART OH MY GOD. It felt so wrong but felt so right at the same time s a v e m e. *shrugs* Oh well. Ah, I need fluffy Hunk so much right now. What am I even doing with my life. I have so much to do and all I do is procrastinate and cry. (Oh god, I hate school, exam prep tomorrow...)

Anyway, hoped you enjoyed my trashy update~