Chapter 52: Back Stabber

WELL IT'S ANOTHER WEEK AND ANOTHER CHAPTER. PLEASE ENJOY.

****************************************************

(Lucy POV)

   I was beginning to sweat. I turned around to see Natsu on the ground clutching his head and groaning in pain. "Natsu! Natsu! Answer me Natsu!" I screamed running towards him. 

   Gray, Erza, Wendy and the exceeds had finally beaten Ronin who laid in a pool of his own blood. They were watching the scene with confusion.

   "Natsu!" I yelled now at his side. Suddenly his groans stopped and I could feel a dark, evil presence  take over his cheerful, childish one. Natsu slowly lifted his head and his eyes met mine, only they were blood red. Horns shot out from his head and shadows swirled around him leaving weird designs as tattoos.

   I stood up and slowly backed away from the figure that was once my boyfriend. "I'm glad you've finally come to your senses Natsu." Zeref chuckled. 'What did that bastard do?' I thought. "Kill her." Zeref commanded. 

   Natsu smiled evilly, nothing like I've ever seen him smile before. With great speed Natsu ran up to me and grabbed me by my throat, lifting me up in the air. "Such a weak little fly." Natsu spat.

   "Haaahhhhah!" I gasped, my eyes going wide in fear. "Sky Dragon's Claw!" Wendy shouted and Natsu released me, allowing me to fall to the ground with a thud, while Natsu skidded away from the impact and tsked. "Such an annoying bunch of pests." Natsu said with a lower voice than usual.

   "Natsu snap out of it! You're not one to hurt your nakama." Erza exclaimed. I got up painfully  and walked backwards to my friends, away from Natsu. 

   "Nakama." Natsu chuckled slightly. "That's nothing more than a useless word in  the dictionary. The only people who you care about are yourselves." He said raising an eyebrow and looking at us down his nose.

   "Get your head out of your ass, it's not a hat." Gray said rolling his eyes. Natsu's eyes flashed with anger and he stuck his hand out to the side then swiped it across his body. Dark energy rushed towards us, I had to do something. Energy like that could kill a person instantly.

   "Scutum, the shield, lend me your protection!" I chanted running to the front line with my hands to the sky. A golden shield with designs of constellations appeared in front of me, big enough to block out the whole attack.

   "E.N.D you have my permission to do whatever it takes to kill the holder of the Stellar Magic." Zeref ordered. "Yes Lord Zeref." Natsu replied, his demonic aura getting stronger. I stood straight and firm. "Natsu, no....E.N.D, you are just a demon occupying a body, Natsu's body. I swear on my mother and father's grave I will return Natsu to his own body." I pointed my finger at the demon.

   "And defeat you!"

   The group of people who were behind me were now by my side in a battle ready stance. "Bring it on." Natsu taunted. "Ice-Make: Arrows!" Gray yelled shooting arrows at the enemy. Erza changed into her Black Wing Armor. "Moon Flash!" She charged. "Sky Dragon's Wave Wind!" Wendy shouted, her wind tornado hurdling towards E.N.D. 

   Their attacks hit E.N.D but he only got a measly little scratch. They all continued to attack in unison to cause more damage but that hardly worked. E.N.D, who was dodging attacks barely showed any sign of damage intake. 

   "Lyle. Why did this happen? How?" I asked standing back and watching for any weaknesses E.N.D might be hiding. 'Zeref has this forgotten magic called "Living Magic" and that's how he creates demons, but Natsu...er E.N.D and I are a different story. Half my soul was from a human who was dead, Zeref took the half soul and encased it in ethernano for 10 years. But that's my story of how I was created, I'm not 100% sure how he made Natsu a demon. He might've done something when his scarf was filled with dark magic, or he might've done something when Natsu was young.' He theorized.

   "So Natsu is still in there? He's not gone?" I asked.'No, he's in the empty abyss  of E.N.D's mind.' Lyle answered. "Perfect. Scorpio! Lupus! Ursa Minor!" I charged with a golden energy surrounding and joined in the fight. 

   "Wendy!" I shouted. Wendy nodded and jumped out of the battle. "Fast wind that doubles the run of heaven...Ile Vernier!" She chanted.

   I felt my speed quicken as much as double. E.N.D didn't even have a chance to see me coming and couldn't react. I kicked him in the head causing him spin, and punching him in the stomach he fell down.

   I'm grateful that Kokoro taught me mental stability otherwise I wouldn't be able to fight knowing Natsu is still in my enemy. Trapped.

   "You bitch!" E.N.D cussed standing up. "Hey!" Gray called. "Don't call your mate a bitch, ya bastard." My heart did drop when Natsu's voice called me such a name, but it didn't faze me too much.

   "Mate?" E.N.D's voice softened. He looked at me and I looked back at him with a stern face. "My...mate...Lucy..." E.N.D looked around as if trying to remember something. "Yea your mate, Lucy. Y'know the one who makes you so damn protective. You told all of not to touch her other we'll get our asses kicked." Gajeel said coming over the edge of the cliff with everyone else following behind.

   "Minna!" Wendy cheered with a big smile. "Once the dragon's came we were able to kick their asses to the curb." Makarov said as he pointed behind him to the three middle aged adults.

   "Zeref!" E.N.D shouted. "There's more of them. What should I do?" Zeref tsked. "Kill them all of course." Zeref commanded. Igneel's eyes widened. "Damn it all! It happened Grandine." He turned to his wife. "I-I know." She replied, horrified at her son's appearance.

   "We almost have him back to normal." Erza said. "Natsu I know you're still in there. Please...please come back to me!" I cried out. E.N.D looked back to me with earnest eyes. 

   "Kill her. Kill them all!" Zeref shouted. E.N.D looked at Zeref then back to me, then clenched his fists and started to charge towards us. I walked forward, in front of the group while they all shouted for me to get back.

   I stood my ground. E.N.D was now right in front of me yelling a battle cry and fist pulled back, ready to attack. Everyone behind me yelled when the fist came towards my face, but I didn't flinch. The fist never even made contact with me. E.N.D had his head down and his body was shaking.

   "I-I can't. I...I won't." He stuttered standing up and looking in my eyes. His eyes were still had their reddish tint but they looked sincere. I smiled. "Welcome back Natsu." Natsu hugged me. "Good to be back." He replied. 

   I looked at Zeref. "Your last attack didn't work. Now you shall die--" My world stopped, my eyes went wide. Natsu was smiling like the demon he was and took the black sword out from my back.

   "Actually, you shall die."

************************************

GUYS I'M REALLY SORRY THAT I SUCK AT WRITING ACTION PARTS. BUT WOW JUST TOTALLY BACK STAB EVERYONE WHY DON'T YA NATSU. EVEN GOT ME FOOLED, JK I WROTE THE BOOK. I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. 

WELL UNTIL NEXT TIME.

JA NE.