Chapter 44: Declared Battle

I'M GOING TO SEE CIRQUE DE SOLEIL: AVATAR TODAY IN A COUPLE HOURS. I'M SO EXCITED! I DECIDED I'M GOING TO SHARE MY HAPPINESS WITH YOU AND GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHAPTER, AND THIS ONE IS PRETTY EXCITING.

*************************************************************

(Natsu POV)

   "Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" I shouted at ice princess. He dodged my attack but managed to bump into Erza who was just returning from her training. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed. Erza gave a dark scowl. "Gray, Natsu, were you two fighting again?" Gray and I held each other in a side hug. "N-no ma'am! We're getting along just fine!" We lied through clenched teeth.

   "Good. Now continue your training away from each other." The redhead demanded. "A-aye." We sighed in relief. After Erza left I pushed ice cube away from me. "Gross." I mumbled. "Ew now I have your germs on me." Gray complained wiping his shoulder. "Shut up! If anyone should be disgusted it-" I stopped mid sentence. I faintly felt a strong wave of magic coming from the mountains where Lucy is training. I should go check up on her, just in case.

   I bolted. "Hey flame brain, where are you going?" Gray called. I continued running. "I need to check something." I called back. I reached the base of the mountain and started to climb, I don't know how Lucy does this everyday. by the time I reached the peak I was almost out of breath, but I was relieved to see Lucy unharmed and meditating in the centre.

   I stood back admiring her effort to become stronger, she told me she spends more time meditating than physically training. But when she did train physically she would come back to me exhausted and fall asleep on my shoulder, then I would have to carry her back home.

   "Hello Natsu."

   I jumped. "Hey Luce!" I greeted raising a hand. Lucy opened her eyes and turned around to face me. "What brings you here?"She asked. I walked towards the blonde and crouched down resting my hand on top of her head. "Do I need a reason to see my girlfriend?" I asked kissing her forehead.

   Lucy immediately moved away at my touch. "Lucy?" I asked. It's almost been 3 months since her daddy issue and I've done this hundreds of times before and she's been okay with it. But why not now? "What's wrong?" "Nothing's wrong. I want you to leave me alone." She spat.

   I could feel my heart ache with pain. I could feel my dragon instincts try to take over, to cry, punch something, to yell, because of the hurtful words from my mate.

(Lucy POV)

   My eyes widened at my outburst. It came out ruder than I intended. "At least just for now. 'Cause y'know meditation needs a quiet and clear atmosphere." I covered. "Oh okay." Natsu mumbled. I stood up and hugged my dragon. "I'm sorry Natsu, it came out harsher than I meant." I apologized. Natsu hugged back. "It's alright Luce, I forgive you." 

   "Y'know we should try battling each other, to see how strong we've gotten!" I suggested releasing from our embrace. "That's a great idea! We could have people watch us so they can see we really are the power couple!" Natsu cheered. I giggled at his attitude towards the battle, especially since he knows he's toast. My guess is he wants to show me off to everyone. (Like how every boy should do) "Should we start going down?" I asked. Natsu nodded. So hand in hand we walked down the mountain to announce our battle.

~*AND SO*~

   "You're going to lose firebreath." Gray said and I giggled but Natsu immediately started a fight with him. "Lu-chan, I'm counting on you to win this fight. I believe in you!" Levy said giving me a small hug. "Thanks Levy-chan." The hall went into a riot of who they thought was going to win. From the sounds of it most people think I'm going to win, which I find amusing. I mean they're right of course but everyone loves an underdog, right?

   *AT HOME NATSU HAS A FLASHBACK*

   "Natsu I'm proud of you for being so confident, but you're going to get your ass handed to ya." Igneel said. "Why does nobody have any faith in me?" Natsu whined. Igneel placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "Natsu, I only say that because I too battled my girlfriend." "And you won right?" Natsu interrupted. "No, she kicked my ass and all my friends laughed at me. I ended up in the hospital for a week, it would've been two if she didn't heal me everyday." Igneel said crossing his arms.

   After Natsu told me that story and went to go sulk in a corner. "I'm sorry for your predetermined loss Natsu." I sympathized. "No! I'll break this cycle of us men losing to our women tomorrow at noon." Natsu pointed a finger at me. "You'll see Lucy Heartfilia! I will break this cycle." He vowed. I chuckled and grabbed his hands. "It will either be you break this cycle or I break you, whichever comes first." I smirked. Natsu gulped.

   "Well I'm going to bed now, I need to be refreshed and ready to kick your butt." I said proudly. "But Lucy, you haven't had supper yet." Wendy called to my retreating figure. "That's alright, I'll have a big breakfast." I called back and closed my door only to instantly fall to the floor clutching my head. "Haah shit!" I groaned.

   "I swear it's getting worse and worse with every passing day. No matter how many times I use a healing spell it comes back twice as painful, it's even spread to my neck and shoulders. I gasped. "It's from the demon that Zeref put inside me." I said. I can't worry about that now though, I need sleep. I crawled into my bed and curled up into a small ball still holding my head. Using a quick spell to numb the pain, I fell into a dreamless and agonizing sleep.

********************************************************************

WELL THAT WAS CRAZY. NATSU AND LUCY ARE GOING TO FIGHT? WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO WIN THIS BATTLE? 

IF YOU THOUGHT THIS CHAPTER WAS INSANE THEN I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT'S GOING TO COME OUT NEXT WEEK.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEK. 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.

JA NE!