Chapter 39: E.N.D

OH DANG ISN'T THE TITLE A BIT MYSTERIOUS? WELL WE'LL JUST HAVE TO KEEP ON READING TO FIND OUT THE MYSTERY. I'M BACK FROM A BORING, RAINY WEEKEND OF CAMPING. IT RAINED THE WHOLE TIME AND IT WAS SO LAME. 

I'VE BEEN DYING TO UPDATE SO HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER!

*******************************************************************

(Lucy POV)

   I woke up to nice warm sunshine filling up my room and the birds singing their lovely songs...Not. It was raining, dark and gloomy, not my ideal morning. I grunted and slipped out of my toasty warm bed and changed into sky blue spanx and a yellow tank top. 

   Brushing my long blonde hair I realized how much my head hurt, dropping my brush I put both of my hands to my throbbing head. It felt like a million daggers were stabbing at my head and it hurt like a bitch.

   I wanted to die because it hurt so much but I couldn't, I have to train today. I don't have time for a headache to slow me down. With determination fuelling my body I went downstairs to eat breakfast, making sure not to show my pain to my second family.

   "Good morning Lucy dear, how'd you sleep?" Grandine asked flipping the bacon over and then cracking another egg. My head head throbbed in response. "Good." I smiled. I sat down waiting for breakfast when Wendy came. I wanted to talk to her about Romeo but thought when she's ready she'll come to me, just like before.

   "Good morning Mom, Lucy-san." Wendy chimed. "Good morning Wendy." Both of us replied. Later the boys finally came downstairs to the table arguing over who could eat more.

   We ate breakfast like any other family, we talked and made jokes. I was finished eating and decided to go put on some sweats over my spanx because I didn't want them to get wet, I also grabbed a sweater. I finished getting ready and went back downstairs. 

   Natsu was waiting for me with an umbrella in his hand. "Ready to go?" He asked. I put on my shoes and smiled a big smile. "Ready as I'll ever be." Together we walked to school under our umbrella to keep us dry from the rainy weather. Wendy waited behind to go with her mom and dad since they're coaches.

   We didn't talk to each other, it wasn't an awkward silence, but it wasn't a pleasant one either. I looked up at Natsu and he had this look of concentration, I wonder what he's thinking about.

(Natsu POV)

   When Lucy and I started our walk to school I couldn't stop thinking about the crazy dream I had last night.

Flashback

I'm looking out at the setting sun admiring its shining beauty when suddenly clouds and fog came to darken my imaginary world. I stood lonely in the darkness missing my sunshine. "Hello Natsu." I couldn't find the owner of the voice, I kept turning my head searching vigorously. "You won't find me so quit looking." The voice said.

   I didn't listen and kept looking for the mystery person. "*Sigh* You're just as stubborn as before." It chuckled. I stopped. "Have we met before?" I asked. There was a silence and it was long and as thick as ever. "...I've known you since you came into this world," The voice said. "but just as predicted, you don't remember anything." I cocked my head to the side in confusion. 

   "Just tell me who you are!" I yelled, my patience wearing thin. "Tsk tsk. Just as loud too. Alright I'll tell you who I am, but first I must tell you something." The voice replied.

   It's about the future and Lucy." 

   He grabbed my attention immediately. "I'll keep it short and sweet. You or Lucy won't survive the war, one of you will die." My eyes went wide. It's not real what he's saying, how could he know. "Lucy has declined my invitation to rule the world together in darkness, which is quite a shame. That decision of hers has led me to do some terrible things. Because of her decision, one of you my die." The voice chuckled. "But why must one of die?" I asked.

   The mystery voice replied. "Because in the end one of you will be by my side, ruling with me in darkness, even if it means ruling together in Hell. It all depends on who survives. Oh and I'm sure you already know who I am, isn't that right....E.N.D?"

Flashback End

   That's when I woke up. That's the reason why I'm so quiet. That's why I'm going to train harder with every passing second. I will do everything in my power to protect the ones I love, even if I have to die to keep them safe. "Natsu," I turned my attention to Lucy only to realize we were already at the school. "can I hold your hand down the stairs?" 

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Of course. You don't have to ask silly." Lucy smiled back. We descended the staircase hand in hand. Lucy also had to hide her face in my shoulder halfway down, but I'm surprised  she only did it halfway through and not right away.

   We finally made it to the bottom and got straight to our training. "If you're in trouble just call my name, it doesn't even have to be loud, I'll be there in seconds." I smiled at Lucy. "Okay." She smiled back. 

   With that we parted way. I made my way to my area, got in a fighting stance and concentrated my energy on my fire. Since Pops wasn't here yet I'm going to start without him. My eyes shot open to reveal black slits. "Fire Dragon's Crushing Fang!"

(Lucy POV)

   I made my way to the top of my mountain expecting to see my grandfather but instead I saw a fox. But something was wrong, instead of its hur being orange, it was gold and shimmering. Our eyes locked and suddenly I heard a voice.

   "I am Sika, the next guide to complete your training. Let's review, start your meditation process." I assumed it came from the fox even though her mouth didn't move one inch, but I nodded and sat down crossing my legs and closing my eyes. 

   I imagined my magic core expanding and swallowing my up. I kept this up for a while until I heard Sika. "Such improvement. We can begin the next stage, your physical strength." I groaned. "But I want to learn more magic stuff." I whined.

   "Your magical strength depends on your physical strength. If you want to protect your friends or fight the enemy you must do as I say! Understood?" Sika snapped showing off her fangs. I gulped. "Yes ma'am." I replied standing up. "Good. Now first we will work on cardio. You never know how fast your opponent is, but you must always be able to outrun them, whether it is offensively or defensively." Sika stated.

   "Alright, bring it on. I'm ready!" I cheered. "I'm glad you're so full of energy, that means you'll last longer...or not." She grinned. "I pouted. I'll show you how fast I am, and how long I can keep it up!"  exclaimed. "Give me your worst." The golden fox stood up. "That's just what I wanted to hear because your first challenge," Sika turned around. "is to catch me."

**********************************************************************

WELL NOW IT'S NOT ONLY LUCY GETTING THOSE LOVELY VISITS FROM ZEREF, WELCOME TO THE CLUB NATSU. WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL LATER TO FIND OUT WHO DIES, OOPS SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT. I WAS JOKING NO ONE DIES!!! <<LIES.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

WHAT AM I EVEN TALKING ABOUT? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

WELL THAT'S IT FOR THIS CHAPTER

 PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT

UNTIL NEXT TIME

JA NE.