Chapter 47: Departure

HELLO ONCE AGAIN MY LOVELY READERS. SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE, MY SISTER AND HER HUSBANDO WERE HERE. 

I'M NOT 100% SURE I'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO PUBLISH THE 3RD CHAPTER TODAY. BUT I'LL TRY FOR ANOTHER TIME THIS WEEK.

*******************************************************

(Lucy POV)

   Everything went numb. The irritating beep filled the room as the heart monitor showed a straight line. "Papa...?" The last time I cried for my Father was when he first hit me. This was the second. The pain welled up in my chest, I couldn't hold it in any longer.

   "AAAAAAHHHHH!"

   I screamed hoping it would shut the heart monitor off, that it would bring my dad back to me. Tears wouldn't stop flowing and I kept losing my breath. I grabbed my father's cold, lifeless hands with my shaking ones. "I-I promise P-Papa...I'll kill Zeref, and avenge you. I promise." 

   Several nurses gathered at the door with panic written on their faces. Before any of them could escort me out for disturbing the hospital I walked out of the hospital room; fire burning in my eyes I had a newfound determination.

   On my way home I couldn't help but think of the possibility that I ended up at my old home. 'What's on your mind?' "You filled my head with those visions, right?" 'That's my job. Why?' "And when I said, 'Of all places, why here?' you said 'Go in and see why.'" 'So?' "You led me there when I wasn't in my right mind, you knew my dad left something for me. You let me say goodbye to him. It makes me wonder, are you really evil?"

   There was silence. 'Zeref created me with the remaining soul of a dying human being, so I guess I have some emotions from the human that a demon wouldn't feel.' The demon responded. "Do you have a name?" I asked folding my hands behind my back. 'Zeref calls me Lyle, after the human soul I have.' "Well Lyle, I'd like to make a deal."

(Natsu POV)

   I poked my food with my fork. "Natsu-san please eat. I know you're upset that Lucy-san wasn't home when we got here, but I know she'll be back." Wendy pleaded. I sighed. "Okay Wendy I'll eat, then I'll go to bed." The small girl nodded the finished her food.

   "That was a good supper Wendy, I'll count on you to do dishes. Good night!" I called from the stairs. "Good night!" Wendy called back. I gloomily walked to my room until....

   "*Sniff* Lucy?"

   I slammed the door open to see a blonde girl standing in the middle of the room with pajamas in her hand. "Lucy!" I charged at her with a hug. "I missed you so much you have no idea! Where did you go anyway?" I asked pulling away. "I'll tell you after my shower, okay?" She said calmly, as though she didn't know she was missing for the past 10 hours. 

   "Uh no, I want to know now." I can feel my stomach start to boil. "No Natsu, wait until after my shower." Lucy pushed passed me while I was starting to fume with anger. She's hiding something from me and I don't like it. It's making me mad. What if she got hurt and isn't telling me? What if she encountered Zeref? Why isn't she telling me anything? Mates aren't suppose to keep secrets, so why is Lucy?

   Without hesitation I pounced on Lucy, pinning her to the floor. "Natsu what the hell!?" Lucy screamed. "Tell me where you've been."

(Lucy POV)

   "Natsu I said wait until after my shower." I said as calmly as I could. "Did you get shot again but hiding it from me?" Natsu asked completely ignoring me. "Did you go to the bad part of town? Did someone hurt you?" The dragonslayer started lifting up my shirt and pulling down my pants to see if there were any signs that I was hurt.