Chapter 45: The Fight

THIS IS A PRETTY BIG CHAPTER. SO JUST A HEADS UP BE PREPARED FOR SOME ANGST.

THAT IS ALL. PLEASE ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.

******************************************************************

(3rd Person POV)

   Everyone crowded around in a large field with a specific two people in the middle of it. "Natsu are you sure you're okay with this?" Lucy asked before walking to her end of the field. "Yes I'm sure, besides if I do lose you can always heal me. Right?" Natsu responded cheekily. "Hmm we'll see." Lucy gleamed sadistically making Natsu shudder. Lucy walked to her side while Natsu went to his.

   "The fight will start in 5 minutes at the horn." Makarov announced through a megaphone. People rushed over to Cana for last minute biddings, and to Mira for last minute drinks.

   Almost 5 minutes have passed and everyone was focused on the two fighters on either sides of the field. One of them sat cross legged and meditating, while the other was stretching his muscles. "The battle will start in 10.......9........8" The girl opened her eyes. ".....7......" The male cracked his knuckles. ".....6......." Lucy stood up. "....5...." The two stared into each others eyes and playfully smirked. ".....3........2........1........Fight!"

   Natsu lunged towards Lucy. "Fire Dragon's Roar!" Lucy skillfully dodged the attack and landed behind the pinkette, kicking him in the butt. "Now I can actually say I kicked your ass." She giggled. "This isn't suppose to be fun Lucy, this is serious." Natsu pouted. "Oh my apologies good sir." Lucy teased. "Now you want to be serious? So let's get serious." Lucy said giving a low and quick rumble of the throat. The ground started to shake. Natsu bent his knees to keep his balance on the shaking ground, suddenly a huge boulder came flying at him. 

   "Fire Dragon's Wing Attack!" Natsu exclaimed and destroyed the boulder before it hit him. But he didn't see the other boulder coming towards him behind the other rock and he was sent flying . "Water~" Lucy chimed. A belt of water surrounded itself around Natsu and Ice pellets began to appear from the water straight  towards the dragon slayer. "Fire Dragon's Roasting Bath!" The water turned into steam and gave out dropping the prisoner.

   Natsu looked around to find Lucy but she was nowhere to be found. "Don't hide Lucy, you can surrender if -ack!" A kick to the back caught the pinkette off guard. Natsu was on the ground coughing. "That *cough* wasn't a regular kick *cough cough*!" Natsu exclaimed. "No it wasn't. There was an extra...shock to it." Lucy smiled sinisterly.

   Natsu took this free moment to land a hit on her. "Dragon God's Brilliant Flame!" Natsu charged to Lucy and landed a hit on her. "Where did he get that power?" Everyone in the crowd erupted in questions and theories. "What about Lu-chan? She isn't getting up!" Levy shrieked. Natsu turned to the burnt blonde and ran to her. "Oh shit shit shit shit!" Natsu laid her head on his lap. "Lucy? Please wake up. Wake up dammit! Please Lucy, open your eyes! Say something! Do something!"

   More murmurs were heard from the crowd. "That was one powerful spell." "I wouldn't be surprised if Lucy will be out until it's time to go to Bat Mountain." "Don't say that!" "I'm sure she'll be fine." "Where's Porlyusica?" The crowd was in a frenzy.

   Slowly an eye opened. "Lucy?" Natsu gasped. Her eyes turned to a reddish colour and her eyebrows scrunched up on her burnt face. "Pain." She said with no emotion. "What are y-nargh ahhhhhh!!" Natsu cried with agony and curled up in a ball. Lucy floated 2 feet in the air just above the tormented Natsu. Her eyes narrowed at the struggling figure. "Lucy! The fight is over, stop this now!" Makarov announced through the megaphone. The blonde turned towards the crowd. "Pain." "AAAARRHGG!!!!" Natsu yelled at the pain that was doubled upon him. "What is she doing?" "She's going to kill him!" "Someone stop her!" The crowd went wild.

   Everyone in the crowd charged towards Lucy with magic at the ready. "Deadlywind." She swept her arm across her body with a harsh wind aiming for the others. For those who managed to dodge it kept going while those who got hit with the wind instantly fell to the ground unconscious. "Ice-make: Lance!" Gray shot his magic at Lucy who just flew higher into the sky to dodge the attack. "Lava Flood." Lucy said once again without emotion. She placed one hand on top of the other and shot her palms to the ground as a mass amount of lava shot towards Gray.

   "Ice-make: Shield!" But the lava's heat was so intense it melted the ice shield right away engulfing the ice mage in its heat. "Black Wing Armour!" Erza shouted and flew into the sky heading straight for Lucy who was getting her next attack ready. "Dissolve." As Erza swung her sword at Lucy the blonde caught the blade and it immediately dissolved at her touch. "Pain." Erza fell to the ground clutching her head and screaming in pain.

   "L-Lucy...." A weak voice came from behind her. She turned around. "Don't l-let the e-evil wi-n." Natsu grunted still in pain. Lucy's eyes cleared from the red and her eyes widened. Lucy quickly dropped from the air and screamed. "STOP!!" The deadly wind blew away. The scorching lava fled into the ground and Natsu and Erza slowly stood up from the decease of pain. Slowly everyone crowded around her while Natsu was still struggling to get up but managed.

   "Lu-chan, what happened?" Levy asked. Then everyone started asking questions, except Natsu. Him and Lucy were making eye contact through all of the commotion. "Shut up brats!" Gramps shouted. Everyone immediately shut their mouths. "Lucy, do you know why this happened?" Lucy broke eye contact with her boyfriend and her bangs covered her eyes. "Lucy?" Natsu questioned. Lucy started to shake. "G-gomen minna. Gomen." With that Lucy ran out of the crowd to heaven knows where.

   (Lucy POV)

   'Pathetic.' "Stop it!" 'You can't even control your power.' "Stop!" 'Unloved.' "Shut up!" 'Murderer.' "I said shut up!" I stopped running. I was on the far side of the arena, the opposite side of where everyone was. So I won't hurt anybody and no one trains in this area, I've checked.

   'You almost killed him.' "I didn't mean to. I don't know what came over me. I don't want to kill anyone." I stated kneeling on the rocky area. 'Yes you do, you just won't admit it.' "Fine. I want to kill Zeref and you, you little shit ass demon in my head." I spat. 'But there's one more person you want to kill, am I right?' I rolled my eyes, but gave a shaking breath. 'Heh, thought so.' "Shut up, it's none of your business." I hugged my knees. "You're the one that made me go like that, aren't you?" I asked. 'Yes. I was planted in you to cause pain and suffering to you and your friends.' "Well congratulations, you've done your job." I said sarcastically.

   "How am I ever going to face Natsu after this freak accident? I'm sure he hates me now." I mumbled closing my eyes. 'You do know if I didn't step in you would've lost.' "Now I know you're lying. Everyone has a weakness and that's how we win. By using their weaknesses against them. I happen to know all of Natsu's weaknesses. 'What are his weaknesses?' "Natsu's greatest weakness is his strong instinct to protect everyone else before himself." 'Wouldn't that be a strength?' "Not unless you die trying so hard. Plus I'm also referring to his mentality." 'I see.' 

   I sat in silence, listening to the rushing of a non-existent river and the chirps of the birds that weren't ever there. 'What's your weakness?' I closed my brown eyes and sighed. The next moment my eyes shot open to reveal red orbs. 

   "My thirst for revenge."