Chapter 42: Warning

HEY GUYS I'M BACK! I HAD A CRAZY VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND AND I'M DEAD TIRED, BUT NOT TIRED ENOUGH TO NOT GIVE YOU A CHAPTER! :) I'M SO LAME.

********************************************************************

(Natsu POV)

   After everyone was done eating and partied out we all went home. It was late and lil Wendy fell asleep so I gave her a piggy back ride, while Lucy was carrying a sleeping Charles and Happy was on her head also asleep. I noticed Lucy's eyes were drooping and she was swaying with every step. "Hey now, don't fall asleep on me." I joked.

   Lucy smiled. She has changed a bit since I first started dating her. She is not more confident, she takes charge if there is a problem, her magic power has increased so much it's overwhelming, plus her physique is even better. She's ripped!

   "Don't worry Natsu, I can make it home just fine." Lucy smirked. "Good because if you passed out I don't have enough arm capacity to carry you, Wendy and the cats back home." I joked. "Oh please, knowing you you would try it anyway." She retorted. I laugh because she was very much right. 

   I love a challenge.

   We finally made it home. I put the still sleeping Wendy, while Lucy put Charles at the end of her bed who curled up next to Wendy's leg. Lucy handed me Happy and we went to our own bedrooms.

   "Natsu wake up."

   I open my eyes and I appeared to be in a black abyss. I looked around but couldn't find the owner of the sickly sweet voice from a minute ago. "Natsu quit looking for me, it's me, your mother." The voice replied. "Oh. Wait where are we?" I asked. "In your dreams." "Oh" I said. "Wait why are you in my dream? That's just creepy Mom." I said.

   "Baka! I wouldn't enter your dreamscape unless it was urgent, which it is." Grandine snapped. "Well then tell me already!" I gasped throwing my hands in the air. "Shut up then!" Even though I can't see my mom I was still scared shitless. "Are you ready to listen now?" Mom asked and I nodded my head.

   "Your father and I have to leave tonight for some important business. We won't be back until the blood moon rises and even then you can't expect us to arrive on time. So be prepared that when the blood moon can first be seen he will strike. To stop the darkness just him off at Bat Mountain. When you find yourself in darkness you must think of the one thing that make you the happiest yo can be." Grandine said.

   "Where and why are you going?" I asked. "That's confidential." She answered. "There's one more thing. It's about Lucy." Mom had my full attention if she didn't have it all before. "What about her?" "Lucy has been having nightmares, I know because I can feel her mental brainwaves waver and speed up. I don't know anymore but keep your eyes on her. If she suddenly gets sick go to Wendy, she'll know what to do. I've over stayed my welcome. Good bye Natsu, take care of your sister will you?"

   "I promise Mom." I declared. I received no answer but a little light becoming bigger and bigger, it soon engulfed me.

   I woke up to be back in my room and it was morning now. "Natsu! I hope you're awake it's already 10am." A voice called. I groaned and rolled up in my blankets like a burrito. Soon my door bursted open and there stood an angry Lucy with her hair in a messy bun, she was wearing Mom's apron and held a spatula in one hand and the other on her hip. "I said get up!"

   I ignored her. Big mistake. Only seconds later I was getting dressed and rubbing the bump on my head that I received from an evil spatula. "Breakfast will be ready in 5 minutes." Lucy said smugly and walked out of the room. I sometimes think Erza rubbed off on her too much. After putting on last item on the clothing I made my way downstairs and sat down at the table. "Natsu-san, what's wrong?" Wendy asked.

   "Ah well I had a dream and Mom was there." "Speaking of Mom, her and Dad weren't in their room when I went to wake them up. Where are they?" Wendy interrupted. "Well y'see that's what I wanted to tell you, Mom and Dad are going on a trip for something important, she didn't tell me what. But then she said some weird thing about a bloody moon and Bat Mountain and darkness and you've been having nightmares and didn't tell me!" I finished pointing at Lucy who was wide eyed. "How did you find out?" She asked. "Moms know everything. Especially ours." Wendy chimed.

   "But going back to the bloody moon, that's supposed to happen in 2 weeks!" Wendy exclaimed. "And Bat Mountain is a 3 day trip if we go by train." Lucy thought outloud. "All of us have darkness inside us but we just need to think of the one thing that makes you happiest." I said crossing my arms. "Where'd you get that from?" Lucy asked. 

   "Oh there's more than just the stuff I told you about." I simply said. both girls had tick marks on their foreheads. "Why didn't you tell us everything the first time?!" They shrieked in unison and hit my head giving me my second and third bump on my head this morning.

   So I told them everything, not skipping a single detail. "There that's everything." I finished and cleaned up my plate, the girls followed my lead. "Well we should tell Gramps about this so he can form a game plan." Lucy said walking to the living room. "Knowing when he is coming can also give us more time to train and become stronger." Wendy added. i nodded because I definitely need to be stringer to protect my nakama, especially Lucy.

   "Come on, we should start going to the arena to warn Gramps." I said. The girls agreed and we finished getting ready. We then got Happy and Charles from our bedrooms and started our way to the school. We walked in complete silence pondering what will happen next. 

   As we came up to the school the girls slowed down and let me go first down the stairs, and by now Lucy didn't need me or my fire to go down the stairs; she just needed a person with her. We arrived at the dark staircase ready to face the others when they hear Zeref's short arrival.

*************************************************************************

THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT SHORTER THAN I'D LIKE IT TO BE BUT I VERY TIRED AND CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO WRITE MORE. I JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE BIG BATTLE AT THE END. HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS CAN'T WAIT EITHER.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.

JA NE