Chapter 38: The Third Night

HEYO I'M FINALLY BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER. CAMP IS FINALLY DONE AND I'M SORE AS HELL. OH IF YOU'RE CONFUSED IT WAS A HIGH PERFORMANCE VOLLEYBALL CAMP. BUT WHATEVER, ON WITH THE CHAPTER!

***********************************************************************

(Lucy POV)

   After I finished my shower I said my goodnights to everyone and hopped into my bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~

   "Wake up my dear.

   My eyes shot open only to reveal the same bedroom I had fallen asleep in. I'm glad it was just a dream and that I don't have to deal with that again. I closed my eyes once again and tried to fall asleep. 

   "Oh if only it were that easy to escape." The voice chuckled. 

   I opened my eyes once again, the sleep completely gone from my body. I jumped out of bed in a fighting stance, ready to fight at any moment.

   "Oh calm down my dear. Tonight is a night of negotiation, not fighting. We have plenty of time for that depending on how you act tonight." Zeref mused.

   I've still never had any actual training with my magic so I lowered my defenses slowly and sat back down on my bed, but ready at any moment to pounce on my unexpected visitor. Zeref followed my lead and sat down at the end of my bed in front of me. 

   "So my dear, have you thought about our deal? It is the third night you know." I completely forgot about that! But it won't matter because I'd never join the dark side, no matter how bad it got sometimes. I know that I have people who love me here, on the good side.

   "Yes I know it's the third night." I lied. "Good now before you make your decision I want to tell you something. If you don't agree to become my queen of darkness and decide to fight along with all your friends then you will die, but oh not only you, but all of your friends. Do you really want to risk your life let alone your friends' lives? Is it really something worth dying over when I'm giving you the chance to change the future by ruling it with me?" Zeref questioned letting his dead red eyes stare into mine.

   I thought over my previous answer to his proposal. Is it really worth putting my friends at risk for? He is giving me a choice to change the future. Either everyone dies from my decision, or I go with Zeref and kill him myself  on the inside. That probably won't happen though, I don't even know how to use my magic properly.

   Well my whole life has been like that so it wouldn't matter, my pain and sorrow is better than everyone else's deaths. If I do go with Zeref he could possibly if not absolutely do all those awful things he did to me when he possessed my father. Oh but what was it that Natsu said that one time?

   "Don't ever do anything like that again! You could've died! Then I would've killed  myself." "Promise me you won't do anything reckless like taking a bullet for me." "I promise."

   This is like taking a bullet for him, where I die and he continues to live in agony and depression. I made a promise to not do anything reckless and I'm going to keep that promise. 

   "I take it by your facial expression that you have made your decision, yes?" Zeref interrupted. i brought my attention to the blackette remembering he is still here.

   "Yes I have. I have decided to not go with you and that you better be ready when we come after you because we'll kick your ass and kick it good. I know you won't kill me now because you seem like a fair man who wants a fair fight between us. So you better leave right now before I kick your ass right here right now, or worse, call Natsu and get him to do it." I threatened.

   He chuckled heartedly and stood up. "Speaking of the devil, how is his training going? Is he holding up well?" I swear for a split second I saw those blood red eyes show true concern, but he's evil so I probably imagined it. "Natsu's doing fine. In fact he's getting a good sleep to train hard tomorrow so we can defeat you!" I spat.

   "Oh are you sure he is? Heh so unusual how certain you are he's sleeping well. Remember my dear, this is in your dreamscape, it's just a dream, a vision. But I must bid you goodbye and until next time, Lucy Heartfilia." 

   With that, Zeref disappeared in a black fog which disappeared seconds later. But only one thing ran through my mind, 'what did he do to Natsu?' I bolted out of my room and to Natsu's which was two doors down from mine. When I opened his door he seemed to be having a nightmare. He was covered in sweat and he kept on tossing and turning. When I walked closer I could hear him mumbling my name.

   I shook his arm. "Natsu! Natsu wake up, I'm okay! I'm right here! Oh Natsu please wake up! It's only a nightmare!" I screamed but nothing happened. Oh crap! I'm still in my dreamscape! "Wake up Lucy! It's your turn to wake up now. WAKE UP!" I screeched as loud and high as I could. Suddenly everything went black and I couldn't move. 

   What did I do? I tried to find light but that's hard to do when you can't mo- oh hey, I can move. There's also a light coming towards me, soon it swallowed me up.

   I sat up at the speed of light and gasped for air, I was now the one covered in sweat. "Lucy! Oh thank God you're alright." I looked and saw Natsu sitting on the side of my bed. "I heard you scream and came here right away and I tried to wake you but you wouldn't move. You were also as cold as ice so I placed three more blankets on you but it didn't work so I hugged you to try to warm you up and-" "Natsu...." I mumbled cutting him off. Before he could respond I hugged him really hard.

   He didn't hesitate to hug me back and after a long time we pulled away. "Okay. G'night Luce, I love you." He kissed my forehead and walked out. Tomorrow i'm going to practice my hardest."

   "I promise I will."

********************************************************************

WELL THAT'S IT FOR THIS WEEK.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. 

UNTIL NEXT TIME.

JA NE.