Chapter 5

"Now why don't we go watch some Netflix." Shawn said as he started to walk to the living room. I just roll my eyes and follow Shawn. As soon as we sat down on the couch the power went out. "Oh shoot. I forgot that the news said there was a storm today." Shawn said. "Well looks like we can't watch Netflix. So what are we gonna do?" I ask. Shawn just got up and walked out of the room. I shrugged and walked over to a box that I saw a couple days ago full of candles. I sat the candles down on the coffee table and grabbed a lighter and lit the candles. I heard footsteps coming towards the living room. I sat down and saw Shawn with a guitar case and sat down next to me taking the guitar out of its case. "I see that you found the candles." Shawn said stating the obvious. "Yes and I see that you have a guitar." I say also stating the obvious. Shawn went ahead and started to tune his guitar. "Do you want to hear a song I've been writing?" Shawn ask. "Of course." I say excitement filling up inside of me. I love music with all my heart and I haven't listened to it since I came here sadly. Plus I would love to hear Shawn sing. "This song is called Kid In Love." Shawn says as he begins to sing.

"Wow Shawn that is amazing!" I say as I applaud him. "Thanks." Shawn says as he turns his face away.

Shawn P.O.V.
"Thanks." I say as I felt slightly get a bit warm. So I turn my face away knowing that I was blushing. Wait. Why am I blushing? Y/n did say that my song was amazing and she applaud me but why does that make me blush? I just shrug it off and put my guitar away. To be honest I still feel bad about getting drunk last night. I can't imagine how scared y/n must have been. She says she forgives me but I just can't forgive myself. Plus when she was with her dad, her dad drank all the time and she must have been in that kind of situation before. I bought her from her dad to keep things like that happening to her. Not just so she can come over here and have it happen to her again. I feel like a total jerk. If I hadn't gotten drunk yesterday then none of this would have happened. "Hey Shawn are you okay?" Y/n asked. "Hm oh y-yes of course im okay." I say. The lights came back on which meant that the power was back.