Chapter 7 Your Kind

Start from the beginning

Although I wasn't going in I couldn't help but crane my neck towards the office. I was definitely curious but still didn't want to go in. Was Jason angry because of this morning?

"Hey Gracie what is that pink sheet for?" Tom asked

Shaking my head I turned to where he pointed on the wall behind the counter.

"That's our annual bake sale." I replied

"Bake sale." Liam laughed

"Yeah we sell cakes, cookies and whatever else we can make. All profits go to charity."

I loved the bake sale since I made most of the treats. Lucielle and Jack let me use the kitchen on that day. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I bake in the small kitchen. People all over town come for the deserts and donate.

The office door slammed open as Jackie came fuming out. She muttered what an idiot Jason is as she pulled on her coat.

"I'm going to go for my lunch break and pick up Sarah." she told me

"Sure, are you okay?" I asked

Jackie pulled her long, soft chestnut hair up into a ponytail. "My cousin is an ass right now so stay clear of him."

The kitchen door creaked open as Liam came out with a playful smile.

"I'll be taking my break too since things are slow right now." he said to me but was staring at Jackie

Her hazel eyes studied him. "You better not follow me."

Liam grinned a lazy, crooked smile. "No guarantees babe."

Jackie slugged his arm a smile playing on her lips. Liam chuckled and rubbed his arm. Jackie swung the front door open with Liam at her heels.

"I'm serious asshole, if you follow me I'm going to kick you in your family pebbles." she shouted on her way out

Tom boomed into laughter as did I. No doubt those two have a little thing for each other. Maybe they'll go out or mess around. There is chemistry between them for sure.

A few moments later a large silver truck parked out front as two men jumped out. Truck drivers come around this time. Both men looked in their mid forties. Each man had a large belly like men their age. One man was bald while the other had a red hat over his thinning blond hair. The bald man shook the other man and pointed to me through the glass. Both men smirked as they approached the diner.

I knew these kind of men, they were the kind who liked to bother the waitress. Good thing Jackie left other wise she'd start up trouble.

The bell rung as they're heavy boots slammed against the tiled floor.

"Welcome to the Pot 'O Gold, how may I help you?" I said in my cheery voice

The man with the hat snorted and jabbed his friend in the ribs with his elbow. Both men looked me over with their lustful dark eyes.

"I can think of a few things." the one with the hat said his voice hoarse

Wrong choice of words.

"Hey there, why don't you two gentlemen sit down for a bite. Try our tuna special." Tom called out

I was grateful to him for purposely making his presence known. The bald man gave Tom a tight smile as they took a booth by the door. I gave them each a menu and darted over towards the open window where Tom was leaning.

"I need to grab a few things from the back, can you handle those guys?" he motioned behind me

"Yeah." I answered quickly