Chapter Fourty Eight

I woke up, again. This time, I hear the clink of silverware and hear talking and laughing and I find myself looking at a brown old table. A long table.

My mouth felt stiff and I poked my tongue out only to taste a piece of tape, my body tenses. I tried to move my body, and I looked down to see my arms were duct taped to the chair and so were my ankles.  

 My neck had been cramped, and my leg was still stinging from the pain of the bullet.

Had they removed the bulle?t When the voices seem to play themselves out, I can hear their unfamiliar voices now. "I'm hungry, hurry up with my food!"

"I've been waiting all week for this meal." There's a cheer that erupts from the table. I look up. I was surrounded by strangers, I noticed the guy named Wells, he was now staring at me.

"Look at her, I told you she was a brown eyed girl!" A voice says.

"You didn't tell me nothing, Fred!!" A boy shouts, "She sure is a pretty one... I saw a walker that looked like her... I killed that walker with my foot!" The boy says and everyone at the table laughs.

I look at each of the people. A girl, with blonde hair, and a baby bump wearing a blue gown was there at the table, laughing. The person beside her, the little kid named Fred that said I looked like a walker, was there.

Wells was sitting across from me, grinning evilly. There was a pale looking boy with raven black hair with his head down, he looked depressed and pallid. Beside him, was a girl that had the same black hair and pale skin sat, she was staring at the table with the same look on her face. The same girl by the name of Barla came in, carrying a tray that was steaming. The aroma was strong, and the whole table went quiet.

She set the tray down in front of me. I looked at her and my eyes widen as I pleaded with my eyes. Please just let me go, I thought to myself. She burst into laughter and grabbed a handful of my hair, "This is the girl. Our new guest!!" Everyone cheered saying, "Welcome bluebird."

Confused, I shook my head. "Your new name is Blue Bird." The girl says into my ear. Then she yells and I jump, "Why ain't you the sweetest thing... so quiet... just wanna eat you up!!!" Barla shouts, grabbed my cheeks, digging her nails into my face. The pain fades but my face stung. Everyone begins to laugh, except the two pale people. "Now, lemme introduce you to the table members," Barla says and sets her arms on Wells's shoulders and pecks his cheek.

"This is my boyfriend, Wells.." she says and traces a finger down his chest. She walks to the little kid. She then touches the boy named Fred's head. He looked like he was 6 years old. "This is Lil Fred," Barla says with another giggle.

"Here's our real eater, she's gonna have an even bigger eater when that baby pops out!" Barla says and touches the pregnant women's head, she grabs a handful of her hair. "This is Talor. Her husband, Newman, is out... running the dinner errands."

Talor's face burns and she looks down at the table as if ashamed. "But.." Barla says, folding her arms, "they are having some issues... so consider them, divorced!" Barla says into Talor's ear and Talor's eyes well with tears as she looks away, her hand over her mouth like she was gonna be sick, and Barla dances around the table and bursts into giggles.

"Now these two!!" Barla says, pointing at the two pale kids. "These are the most hot-headed teenagers I ever met!! We call em the pale kids!!" Barla says.

"This is... Jim," Barla says and placed a hand on his head. "And this is Niommi... She's really smart, she's Asian." Barla says and winks at me. "They seem to have a strong connection... They're big eaters too! They enjoyed the first entree and so will you!!" Barla cheers, and smiles at me. The two kids keep their eyes glued to the table, looks of sorrow on their faces.

"Now." She says and strolls over to me, and places a hand on my head. "What's your name." The whole table was quiet and their attention was on me. "Oh!! Well ain't I, a silly goose!!" Barla says, and grabs a loose end of the tape, and yanks the tape off my face. A burning feeling crosses my face, I wince and move my lips.

"Now!" Barla says, slamming her hands on the table, making me jump. "What is your name, bluebird?"

I don't say anything, my eyes burn, tears threaten to leak my eyes.

Where was I? Who were these freaks?

"Answer her!!" Wells shouts at me, standing. I jump, my eyes leaking with tears. I was crying silently now. I couldn't help it, it was too much.

"You're crying when all she asked you was your name... Do you know your name, you dummy?" Fred asks, his high pitched voice angered me. Talor pats his head to keep him quiet, and Barla continues. "Do you have a group, bluebird?" Barla asks, her eyes watching me.

I shake my head. The girl seems to look up with the strange look on her face. I knew who she was now. It was the girl I kept seeing, the one that had the bow and arrow.

She quickly looks back down, and Jim touches his hand. "Liar, Liar... pants on fire." Fred teases.

"Sitting on a telephone wire!!" He shouts and sticks his tongue out at me. "Hang them on the telephone wire... nose as long as the telephone wire!!" He continues. Barla giggles, "He's the table comedian..."

I scowl at the little kid, and he grins. "So.. next question... bluebird... where have you been taking dog naps?" Barla asks, placing her fisted hands on my shoulder. She grabs my shoulder and they seem to case my shoulders like an eagle holding its prey. I don't answer, I'm silent... I can't speak.

Barla begins to hum, and then she starts to laugh. "I'm waiting.." she sings.

"I don't remember.." I finally lie. Barla giggles and then places a hand on the tray handle, "Times up." She lifts the tray up, and the whole table begins to race for the tray, except Niommi and Jim.

"Now, now.. we gotta be humble to the guest... show some love," Barla says, clapping her hands.

"Let's give her a special offer."

How I Survived (Zombie Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें