Chapter Fourty Three

Author Note- ANYONE HYPE FOR THE WALKING DEAD GAME NEW FRONTIER?! Meeeee ☺️☺️☺️☺️

•••••••••

We took another detour through the woods and it was already getting dark, Jone grabbed a stick and took a piece of cloth from his bag and lit the stick. Now we had a homemade torch.  

Suddenly Jone was pushing me to ground, I hit the forest floor and the damp dirt stuck to my cheek. Confused, I started to ask him why but he was pointing his torch at the ground. I was so close to dying that it startled me. There was a bear trap, waiting to snap my leg, right not too far from my foot.

Jone tossed a stick and the bear trap snapped and made a loud sound that made my senses tingle. "Dang it, Lara..." Jone whispers and shakes his head relieved. "Almost lost you there."

I was startled for a while, but we kept moving. We knew it wasn't safe to get to the gift shop through the streets since the walkers seemed to be roaming the streets in large number tonight.

We all came to a small clearing and we knew we were far from the city. Emily pointing a finger at the cabin in the middle of the clearing, a pond, and well.

Jone looks at me, and back at the house and I notice there's a glow in the window. Someone's home, or there. We couldn't risk it. But then, we saw her. The same girl, approaching the porch with her little brown bag, and bow and arrow.

The door opened and she disappeared in. "We need to help Kyle and then get out of here."

I agree with him, but I immediately remember Hunter. We needed to wait. Maybe we could make a supply run and go after Hunter soon.

We started to go back, it was pitch dark and walkers were starting to wander into the woods. I didn't see anymore bear traps, but I kept scanning the ground.

I couldn't stop imaging what would've happened if Jone hadn't moved me... my leg would've been penetrated, and maybe even gone. I cringed and kept moving, getting tired. My arm grew soar as I slammed my knife into the walker's head and swiped my feet under the walker, it fell and I stomped its jaw against the ground.

Jone nods in approval. And he goes for the next walker. He sneaks behind the walker and grips the sides of its head and with one swift movement he snaps the walker's jaw to one side and walker is jawless and snapping at Jone.

Jone swiped his feet under the walker's feet and while it is falling he stabs its head quickly and the walker has gone limp without a fight.

I force a smile.

We finally made it back to the gift shop, Jone was telling us to tell the group to stay alarmed.

•••••••••••••

The next day, I woke up reading the sign language book and testing hand signals on my own hand.

"Hi," I mumbled and tried to hand signal for the word hello. I was so into the book that the world around me seemed to blur. All my friends were fast asleep, Luis and Jone were taking guard outside.

Emily was fast asleep also, curled up beside Sammy. Emily and Sammy had become good friends.

After hours of doing sign language, I stood and walked over to the book aisle in the store. I grabbed and book and leaned against the aisle, reading a random book I had picked off the shelf.

Then I heard a groan and saw Kyle's eyes open and he was holding his shoulder. "...Kyle? You okay?" I ask, placing the book down and walking towards him.

"Hey.." he grumbled and opens his eye to look at me.

"You look like crap," I tell him. "Yea... I know." He was pale and he looked like he had been sweating. I grabbed a bottled water from my backpack and open the water and place it against his lips.

"Drink," I whisper. He drinks the water and takes it from my hands, wolfing it down. He gulped the last drink and smiled. "Sorry... I didn't mean to drink your water."

"There's plenty in this store... right?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No actually. We drank the last bottles the last couple of days. Emily brought more when you guys came back." Kyle explains.

I lean against the counter, facing Kyle. "Find that medicine?" He asks, touching his shoulder. "Aspirin? Anything? My head is killing me." Kyle whispered.

I felt guilty all over again, I touched his shoulder and lifted his shirt sleeve. The bandage was red from dried blood.

"I'll get you medicine."