4 - Guns

I walk down the aisle, following Ricko. He eyes glance to me, his bright eyes meeting mine.

He flashes me a grin.

He was a football player. I was guessing Kylia was his girlfriend since he kissed her on the way out.

All four of us, join Janitor Brown on the pavement of the city roads.

I take one more look at the bus, and the doors close. I bite my lip, and Hunter moves beside me.

He smiles at me, assuring me. I smile back.

"Grab everything you see. Every gun, maybe even food. Don't sound any alarms, actually, scan the gun before you take it." Janitor says. 

"Okay.." I say.

"Okay then. Let's head in." He mumbles.

I take a look at the deserted streets. Miles away, I could see the figure of a walker ahead. Not too close.

Janitor opens the door, and we stroll in... I have been in a gun store before when Lucy took me and Miranda to one. Lucy wanted us to help her illegally buy a gun, when we found out, we immediately had to tug Lucy out of that store.

Lucy stopped at the doorway, glanced around, and strolled casually in.

I follow.

Someone turns on the lights, and surprisingly, the guns are still there. The dead body of the man that works there, was slumped over the counter... A bullet hole in his head.

3 guns were missing from the buying board. Someone had killed him.. of course, chaos would've broken out at the same time, people would've assumed it was a great time to rob stores since everyone one was trying to evacuate the city.

Or... A wave of nausea waved over me. Great, there are freaking bandits running around.

I exam the bullet hole.

"Careful. Looks like a zombie might have gotten in." Janitor says looking hastily at the man.

"It's a bullet hole." I correct. Everyone turns to me. "Gang members?" Lucy suggests.

"I dunno," I mumble back. They go back to searching for guns.

"Grab every gun." Janitor reminds us.

I grab 7 guns from the buying board and scan them with the buying thingy. It puts in the total on a small screen. Too bad we were borrowing them, and not paying.

"If it was like this in the apocalypse, then we could go to any store and grab everything, right?" Hunter asks, watching me scan the guns. "Most likely I guess." I say, "if the stuff isn't already gone."

He grabs a bag and shoves the guns in. I smile at him, and my hands touch him as I scramble for the bag handle.

"Go get some more stuff, I'll hold the bag." He says. I nod.

I walk to an aisle with combat moves, ammo tricks, and gun tips book. I snatch a couple of those. I grab a bulletproof vest, a can of pepper spray, more vests, a snicker bar, more candy...

I stuff it in a bag I manage to find. I go to the ammo purchase area and snatch piles of random ammo.

I notice the music playing.

I whisper along, even though I didn't know this song.

It was so calm in the atmosphere at the moment. The girl singing seemed to be talking to me.

I looked up at the camera that was watching me, it was one of the cameras, where you could see the aisle and yourself walking.

I grab some more crap and stuff it into the bag, not bothering to look.

"Okay! Let's round up everything!" I hear Janitor Brown yell.

I step to Hunter and stock up everything. Together, I and Hunter had gotten two big jumbo bags, stuffed with things we needed.

"Got your machine gun, 'lil lady?" Ricko asks Lucy, and slings an arm around her. Bad idea, Rick...

I and Hunter watch Lucy's reaction.

"Nope I didn't find one.. Have you gotten guts to touch me again and experience woman pain?" Lucy asks, pushing away, and pulling out a machete instead.

Even though it wasn't a machine gun, it was Lucy who was dangerous, and more dangerous since she was holding a machete.

Ricko raises hands up, "Gees, sorry." He says.

"Don't be sorry, just don't do it again." She snaps and tosses it from hand to hand, her eyes studying him like a cat, about to pounce on its prey.

"I promise.." Ricko tests.

"Don't-" Lucy says.

"I promise!" He shouts playfully.

She must have already had a bad situation with Ricko.

Janitor brown walks from a closet room, with 5 bags.

Each one of us had 3 or 2. He managed to collect five, stuffed with guns.

We all leave the now empty already raided by us, ammunition store.

We get back into the bus, janitor brown places the bags into an empty seat.

I hold the bags I had, close...

Well. Wherever we were going now, hopefully, we'd be safe.

"I'm hungry." Kylia groans all of sudden.

"Maybe we'll find some food." Kyle, (her twin brother) assured. She nods and tosses her hair to one shoulder.

"Babe don't worry," Ricko tells her.

"Mmkay." She says and lays her head on Ricko's shoulder. Ricko looks at Lucy to see if she's watching, but no, she had a conversation with the quietest on the bus, and that was Jone. Ricko looked down in failure.

"Anyone ever been to the hotel on the North side of town?" Janitor asks.

"No.." Everyone says.

"That's our next stop." He says.