5 - Hotel Thrills

The bus pulls into a hotel parking lot. It was an hour's drive and we were finally here, it seemed like we were on the right side of town, where fewer things were and more stores than anything. And pitstops nearby, or everywhere.

It was already getting dark. The big building had a blue glow of automatically turning on lights that turned on around the time street lights came on.

The hotel had big letters that said HOTEL.

I and Miranda were finally beside each other again, which was relieving. She pointed to the sign. "That's creepy." She said, pointing out the car pile.

"I know right," I whisper.

"Everyone gets a gun for right now, once we're in, well divide 'em'." Janitor Brown says.

He throws everyone a gun, and hands Lucy one, she shakes her head, "No thank you, I got my weapon." She says.

The machete, which she was smiling at as if admiring it.

The janitor throws me a shotgun. I grin and examine it. He tosses Bella a sniper. She giggles. "I'm ready." She says in a low voice.

"Let's go then."

•••••••••••••••

"Girls can have room four eighty-two. Boys can have room two eighty-four. A double room, so there's a door to travel to each other's room. I'll be right across." Janitor brown says, and he hands me a bag full of the snacks we had grabbed from the ammunition store.

I follow the girls to the four eighty-two room. I watched the boys fill 284 right beside us.

I shut the door behind me, my eyes scanning.

There were zombies on the next floor, that's what I know so far. We killed the bottom floors. The janitor decided on floor 3 for some odd reason.

The room was a hot pink color, it had hearts attached to the ceiling with string, and there was a big, really big, big king bed, in the corner of the room. Enough for all of us.

Me, Lucy, Bella, Kylia, Miranda, Olivia. Perfect. I guess. Survivors from high school surrounded me.

There was a big loveseat on the lifted wooden floor. I wobble over to the window.

I grabbed the halfway-ripped velvet curtain and opened it, we had a view of the pool garden. Yes, a pool garden.

Zombies were roaming around, wondering for food.

I sigh and close the curtain.

"I'm not sleeping with you guys... I'll go in a different room later. Maybe the lobby." Lucy mumbles. That's dangerous. When we went, zombies had taken over the area.

"Awwh. Why?" Bella asks.

"Well someone is feeling better," I say to Bella. Kylia steps over to the window that I was just at, peeking out with squinted eyes.

Kylia's steps near the door creeped out from the view outside the window. Suddenly the door opens, from the other room and she shrieks as Ricko wraps his arms around her.

"Babe!!" He yells.

Ricko lets go of her, as he steps in.

So does Hunter and the quiet guy named Jone. Kyle didn't though.

Their room was blue, and I could see the glow of the lights built into the walls.

Each room had its own theme. Ours was a universe add-on.

The hotel looked new. Maybe zombies hadn't gotten to these rooms.

And how lucky we were, to find them untouched. I stood and while the boys chatted with us, I looked around the room.

I stepped to the dresser, to the checkout book.

Today, no one had a chance to check-in. I turned the page, and the whole list was filled in with last weeks. I sigh, it looks like they were never gonna go out of business.

"I'm blind!" Kyle yells from the boy's door, he looks like he had passed out, he is rubbing his eyes at first, but now gawking at Bella who is eating candies she had found under a pillow.

Everyone giggles when they notice his presence.

"Hey, Kyle!" Bella says and tackles him to the floor.

"I just came for Twinkies," Kyle informs, prying short Bella off of himself.

"Here!" Miranda yells tossing him one.

"Yo, thanks!" He yells and trails back off into the room flashing his famous peace sign.

"Good night guys." Bella chimes, pulling a blanket over her body.

"I wanna hit the sack too," Kylia says, kissing Ricko and yawning.

"Good night little bear." She comes to her boyfriend.

"Ew. You're killing me!" Kyle says, still at the door, devouring the Twinkie.

"Alright. Alright. All boys out!" Lucy yells. They obey. They clear the room and Lucy shuts their door.

"Good night." She mumbles and leaves the room, into the hotel hallway, with her machete by her aid. She was so brave, going into the scary hallway, I would never risk it.

"I call right.." I yawn and throw myself on the side of the bed near the wall. I curl up and pass out from what I call relief to be safe.