22..

I placed the gas mask on and looked at Ricko who was standing beside me, waiting. "Let's go," I say so quietly that he hardly hears me.  

We opened the hallway door, and shut it behind us, leaving the group. The wind beat the sides of the wall, making me jump a little as I forced myself to walk down the hallway.

Ricko opens the exit door, and the yellow wind hits us. Ricko grabbed my hand, and I noticed how I was lying on the ground.

"C'mon." He says. I could hardly hear him over the wind.

He helped me up, as the wind tried to force me back down, but I struggled against it. He held my forearm and coughed.

A headache surged through my head, and my eyes burned as I looked through the goggles which had yellow dust caked on them.

I lean against the metal, the van. Ricko helps me into the van, he quickly shuts my door. I cough harshly, my eyes burning. Ricko joins me in the driver seat. He shuts the door and coughs.

I cough into my hands and groan in pain. Rick leans from his hands and a spot of blood was in his palm.

"A-are you okay?" I ask. He nods and searches for the key. He curses loudly and grabs the door handle.

I lean over and stop him from opening the door.

"We need to wait... It's... Dangerous.." I say and a cough itches the sides of my throat.

"No.. I need to-" I cut him off, removing his hand from the car door. He coughs and looks at the dust caking the window.

"How can we survive like this?" He whispers.

I shrug and look at the window.

"We have to get that key... I must've left it in front of the car door..." He whispers.

I cough into my hands, and he looks at me. Ricko had tears forming in his eyes, blood.

"Ric-Your eyes!" I say, and search the glove compartment for napkins or tissues. I grab a pile of them and dab his eyes, cupping his chin with one hand.

His eye looked strange now. He looked at the window and sighed. "Are you okay?" I ask.

He doesn't respond, instead, he grabs my hand, "Listen. I'm gonna get that key." He says.

I open my mouth to say something, "No. One of us can die but two can't." He says.

"Okay..?" He whispers.

I force a nervous nod.

I place the gas mask back over my nose, so does he. He opens the car door, and wind hurls into the car, I cover my mouth and cough.

He quickly leaves the car and shuts the door.

I lean against the door, coughing.

It had been 3 minutes. Maybe the key wasn't near the door. But I could still see his figure roaming the yellow wind. He wobbles to the door, and quickly gets in, and shuts the door.

He waves the car key in my face, and I force a weak smile.

"Let's get this guy running.." He mumbles weakly.

"You did a good job," I say.

"Eh. You weren't bad yourself..." He says coughing. He starts the car up and the uses the windshield wipers to clean the glowing dust away. The dust was slowing, but it didn't stop. Ricko pulled up beside the hallway exit door, really close, and recklessly. The van almost wrecked into a pole, but the van covered the door.

We both crawl out, through his side and back into the exit. I tug off the mask, and cry out, hitting the ground.

My insides burned, my eyes burned, my head thumped. I bit my tongue and I tried not to cry out.

Ricko landed beside me, helping me up. Hunter walked into the hallway doors, with a mask on, he ran to me, and I crumpled into his arms.

"The wind is deadly. Very.." Ricko coughs.

"You're gonna be okay," Jone says, from behind Hunter.

I don't respond, I just groan in reply.

"As long as your eyes didn't bleed," Jone says.

I look over at Ricko automatically. He looks back at me, and back to Jone. "It would mean you have gotten infected. Notice how the walkers eye all strained and yellow? From bleeding... But you're fine. Did your eyes bleed?" Jone asks, arms folded.

"N...no.." I cough.

"Good, now we need to get moving."