Chapter Thirty Nine

We were about to leave the building, Jone stopped and took a look out the double doors I hear a bunch of groans from the undead and I tense up thinking the walkers would come in.

He quickly shut the door and cursed under his breath, shaking his head and smiling his challenged smile. Jone loves challenges, I wonder what he was thinking.

"What?" I ask, his eyes flashed past mines, and they seem to light up and he quickly brushed past me and I turn to what is a walker corpse.

Jone fell to his knees, moving fast he took his knife out and begins cutting at the walker cloth.

"Please tell me we aren't going to-" Kyle starts, but Jone quickly cuts him off.

"Yea."  

Kyle groans as Jone shoved the knife into the corpse and sliced the walker open. I was about to vomit, but Beverly did it for me, and Sammy clutched my hand. Emily came beside me, looking at me and she nods her head, "I've done this before." She whispers.

Jone stares at us, "Who's going first, or am I?"

"Heck no..." Miranda says, her face washes over in horror. "The walkers think otherwise." Jone reminds us and points to the double doors which were bulging from the walkers slamming their selves against the door.

"Never-mind.." Miranda quickly says, and steps over to Jone.

"You'll live," Jone whispers, looking up at Miranda. She rolls her eyes and Jone wraps his hand in a cloth he ripped from the corpse's body and wrapped it around his hand.

I cringed and covered my nose with one hand and Sammy hung onto my arm.

Jone scooped a bunch of the dead body out like it was Thanksgiving turkey stuffing. He began slathering it on Miranda's leg and her cheeks puffed as she tried not to vomit. Suddenly walkers began to try to push the door open, Kyle slammed himself into the door, like he was still a football player like he was in high school.

Beverly cries out as a walker makes it in and grabs her shoulders to take a big bite out. She was screaming now as the walker snarled and leaned its head in. Jone began to stand, but I was already about to help.

I react as fast as I could and I throw myself into the walker and me and the walker hit the ground, me on top trying my best to keep the walker down so someone would shoot it. It grabs my arm and snaps its teeth at me. I shriek and I wrestled myself off the walker, terrified.

The walker grabs my ankle, and I hit the floor, and I think I've busted my knee. I cry out as the walker grabs my leg, about to bite me.

I scream, kicking the walker as best as I can and suddenly blood splatters all over my face, my eyes closed and there's a long ringing sound. I'm okay.. my head wasn't just blown off. Get up now Lara.. you just let a walker toss you around.

The zombie's head is blown off and my eyes are wide as saucers as the blood spattered on my face, and I turn to see Sammy, holding a shotgun almost bigger than her own hands in her trembling hands.

Beverley grabs Sammy and hugs her, and Sammy drops the gun as if she's gone into shock.

The walker goes limp and Jone chuckles and shakes his head slowly, "Please tell me you didn't get scratched..." he says.

I search my arms, my eyes wide and alarm now, there were no scratches. I shook my head and expected Jone to look at me with suspense but he just simply says, "Great, now Lara does me a favor and use that walker and start rubbing this stuff on Emily."

I force a nod and look at the corpse that had attacked me and I nearly scream. I back away, and crash into Emily who was standing behind me.

It was Olivia. The walker was... A zombified Olivia. My own friend. I gasped and covered my mouth in shock, even though its head was blown off I could from the bracelet she always wore and her pink faded shirt.