Chapter Fourty Seven- Jone

•JONE POV•

"Here, eat these," Beverly says, offering me a can. I had been tense the whole time, something wasn't right... I could tell. Emily was taking a nap beside me, and Miranda had been playing with an old toy she had found in one the aisle.

I took the can of food, and scan the store of my group to see if there was anyone with nothing to eat. There. Kyle was sitting in the corner, staring at the floor, dazing off. I stood and walked over to him, the can dangled in my hand. "Here."

He snaps out of it, and his jaw clenched and looks at me. "Not in the mood." He mumbles and stares back at the floor.

"Lara is out there, what do you think she'd want you to do?" I try. 

His face turns red, and he shakes his head.

"Suit yourself," I tell him, and set the can beside him. Something changes in his expression. He doesn't hesitate, he grabs the can, reading the front, and then nods at me, "Thanks." It was a can of beans and hotdog slices.

I watched over the group, scavenging the aisles for more supplies we might've missed.

After I while, I stalked outside, to join Luis with guarding. Ever since the strange girl we had seen, he's been tense as ever.

She's been gone for a while. I thought silently, holding my goggles and staring off into the deserted streets at walkers stumbling around. We would have to go search for her, I knew we would. Whether she was dead or alive was the really the problem, we didn't know... Luis was beside me, waiting for my command.

We had already told the group that Lara had gone missing after a while. Kyle tried to argue with me about how he needed to go after her, too.

"We head out. I saw her go this way." I tell Luis. Lara thought I wasn't watching her earlier, I was, but Luis had told me she had gone off to find medicine even though I saw her walking off.

Me and Luis were shuffling down the street. Surprisingly she had taken out a lot of walkers on her own. We kept walking, looking for any hints of where she had gone. We began to check stores when the trail of dead walkers began to decrease. Neither of us has said anything until he had said something, it came out almost like a mumble.

"You know Lara a lot?"

I debated on how to answer. Before this happened, Lara was just that girl I saw walking down the hall with Miranda, the girl walking down the hall that would occasionally drop her notebooks or forget a notebook for an upcoming class, the girl that used to wear braces and have the giggle that stood out.

The girl that would drool over Hunter, and watch him with curiosity, we were all normal back then... Hunter had talked to me about her a couple of times, during school.

I knew she was good in science and mathematics. I didn't know her, after all, back then, I was surprised she had a sister when I did find out.

"Went to school with her," I respond. Luis nods, "Your whole group too?"

I nod. "I was just like you guys... I had a group... a couple of friends.." Luis says. I go silent when I get the hint that he lost his group. "My sister died before she made it to the camp... I decided to join the supply run group, after that, They took supply runs seriously." Luis tells me.

I had a sister. She wasn't close to me at all. An older sister. Hanna. She had died in a car accident while she was pregnant, the baby didn't make it. I blamed her boyfriend, I nearly killed the guy.. he never cared for my sister, he just used her. He tried to take her away from the family once, I was the only one trying to stop him from taking her away.