Runaways~Chapter Fifteen

~Lily’s P.O.V.~

I woke up the next morning with a pounding in my head. Groaning, I tried to roll over, but I ended up with a wave of nausea. Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm my stomach. Nothing was working, and soon I was leaping over sleeping Jimmy and running to the bathroom. Poor Johnny was just coming out from taking a shower, and I almost ran him over. Instead, I just shoved him incredibly hard and slammed the door in his face. Making it to the toilet, I dropped to my knees just in time. I emptied my stomach into the bowl. Finished, I flushed it and sat back against the wall, wishing my head would feel better.

I was sitting back, resting my head against the surprisingly cool wall, when there was a knock at the door. The knocking hurt my head, causing me to scream, “WHAT?!” I felt bad, because whoever it was was just checking on me, but did they have to knock so loud?!

“Lily, baby, it’s me. Are you alright?” Jimmy. He sounded worried. “Can I come in?”

“Yeah, come on in. I’m sorry I yelled.” I closed my eyes. The last thing I needed was another person to be mad at me.

I heard the door open, and I opened my eyes. Jimmy was standing in the doorway, looking at me. Worry was all over his face, and I immediately felt bad that I’d caused it. He walked over and stood in front of me. He was quiet for a time, and then spoke. “Are you alright? You’ve been in here awhile.’

I slowly nodded, trying not to make my head hurt again. “Yeah, I’m fine. I just haven’t had enough ambition to get my ass off of the floor and go back to the bunk. And my head hurts.”

He chuckled. “Well, that’s usually what happens when you drink almost a whole bottle of Jack! Come on, let me help you up. I’ll get you some migraine meds and something to drink.” He held out his hand to me.

Taking it, I hoisted myself up off the floor. Together, we walked out to the bunks. I crawled in, covering back up, while Jimmy hobbled up to the front and grabbed a bottle of water and a medicine bottle. Opening the bottle, he shook two pills into his hand and handed them to me, along with the water. I quickly opened the bottle, popped the pills into my mouth, and took a gulp of water.

After I swallowed the meds and had lain back down, Jimmy put the medicine away and came back to stand in front of the bunk. He looked at me sadly. Sighing, he sat down on the bunk and looked at me. “Lily, what were you thinking last night? Why did you drink the JD?”

I shrugged, wanting to roll over and ignore his question. It was embarrassing to think that, after everything I’d been through, I’d decided to turn to alcohol last night. I’d never done that. I knew he wasn’t going to let this conversation end, so I sighed and answered him. “I was just really sad… It was there, and I thought it would make me feel better. It did for a little while last night, but now I just feel like crap.”

Jimmy reached out and pushed my messy hair out of my face. Looking into my eyes, he said, “Well, it’s obvious that you can’t really handle that much alcohol, so you have to promise that you’ll never do that again. You had us all really worried! Promise me?”

I nodded, close to tears. “I promise, Jimmy… I’m sorry…”

Jimmy pulled me close and placed a kiss on the top of my head. “It’s alright, Lily. You’re going to be fine. You and Mel would make up, and everything will be fine. I swear. Now, get some more sleep. You look like hell!”

Laughing, I smacked his arm. “That’s not very nice! But I think I will. Thank you, Jimmy.” I lay back down and fell back to sleep.

                                                                             ~Zacky’s P.O.V~