Too Good To Be True

Alexa's POV

They say, distance doesn't work.

But it actually does.

Niall and I found one another and got separated but later on, found our way back to each others arms.

7 months might be short, but it was so long. It actually felt like forever.

But it made me and Niall strong. Stronger than we would ever be. It made us realize lots of things as well. And one of the many is that we are still truly, madly and deeply inlove with one another.

Everything we've gone through was worth it. Every mistake we both committed taught us well. The 7 months was much more worth the wait.

Things might have changed, but not all. Our thought to be lost love was never lost at all. It was us who's lost, love was always there. I used to think like that, questioning myself "what if our love had never went away?". Indeed, it was there, waiting for I and Niall to find it again.

"Shadows fill an empty heart,

As love is fading,

From all the things that we are,

Are not saying,

Can we see beyond the scars?

And make it to the dawn?

Change the colors of the sky

And open up to, the ways you made me feel alive,

The ways I loved you,

For all the things that never died,

To make it through the night, love will find you...

What about now?

What about today?

What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?

What if our love never went away?

What if it's lost behind words we could never find?

Baby, before it's too late,

What about now?"

"Babe?"

I raised my head as I was still in the bed, listening to the song 'What About Now' by Chris Daughtry. A song I have been listening ever since I got out from the hospital, whenever I've thought of Niall

I smiled upon seeing Niall standing infront of me, with a huge grin in his face. I missed him having that smile on his face. I plugged the earphones out and stood, kneeling on the bed and leaned to him and gave him a kiss.

"Morning," I greeted him after I pulled away. He wrapped his hands around me.

"Breakfast is ready at five," he said as he kissed the top of my nose, making me giggle. I nodded as he removed his hand from my waist and held his hand, stretched infront of me. I dramatically took his hand and jumped out of the bed.

He held my hand tightly, like he was afraid that he will lose sight of me. I could feel that he will always make sure that I will stick with him forever.

Before stepping into the kitchen, I can hear noises from there, telling me that the lads are the ones preparing the food.

As soon as they saw me stepping into the kitchen, they stopped and smiled. Then they started to scramble before they finally stood in front of me.