The Mixtape : Side A

Alexa's POV

The party ended at around 2 am. I and Sam were drinking but Sam was the heavy drinker that she drank 4 bottles of wine, making her very drunk and out of herself. She wasn't sober anymore, as what they had said.

As soon as I got home, I settled Sam in her room. After making sure that she is doing fine, despite of her constant groaning and grunting, i went to my room and changed my clothes then decided to retire on my bed.

I decided to reach out for my bag on the bedside table to take my phone out to tweet. I laid my bag in front of me and took my phone out. I logged in into my account and started to type as soon as I got in.

"@alexafernandez: The party is over! Just arrived home with my very drunk sister. Well, good night! :* x"

I sent the tweet after and then checked my blowing up mentions. I retweeted some of them and logged out of my Twitter. I buried my hand once again inside my bag when I felt something thickly hard. I took it out and I remembered that Sam gave me a tape while we were in the party earlier. I turned the tape around in the side A and saw the initials again.

Niall James Horan.

I know of course what those letters stands for. Who wouldn't?

Then I saw something written that caught my eyes only now.

"Every mixtape is a love letter."

I got out of my bed as soon as curiousity kicked me. It was there earlier, but whisked away when the party went into a frenzy for me and Sam. It's here again, after reading that message Niall had written and I can't shake it away anymore.

I went to the living room after remembering that an old casette player that belonged to my dad before is displayed in one of the shelves. I just hope it still works.

I went back to my bed and checked my drawer for new and fresh pair of batteries. Good thing I found a newly bought pair. I inserted the two batteries and inserted the tape. I clicked the play button. There was silence at first, then a hiss sound but then I heard the voice that I haven't heard for awhile now. That voice that makes my stomach flip and where butterflies are always there. The voice that makes me weak. The voice which allows me to see sparks really fly. The voice that makes my heart beat a mile.

"Hi, Alexa," Niall's voice boomed. I sat comfortably and leaned on the headboard of my bed.

"Hi Niall," I whispered.

"How are you? I know you are doing fine back there. I miss you," he said softly in his Irish voice. i smiled to myself.

"I miss you too Nialler, you should know that," I said.

"I have seen how much you had changed after leaving London several months ago and I must say, you are doing great than you were here," He said. "I am so sorry for everything that has happened here, back here in London. Because of me, everything was ruined and I know right now, you have regretted that you met me," then there was silence then an exasperated sigh.

I shook my head. "I never did regret that I did Niall. I am thankful because you made me who I am right now," I spoke like I was actually talking to him face to face. Tears brimming on my eyes, but I stopped it.

"But I don't have the choice but to accept that you really regretted meeting me. It would be fine though," he said as if he answered me. "It was my fault after all,"

"I understand Niall. I understand," I said, getting emotional even though I was still at the first part of the mixtape. What more would I expect in the upcoming recorded minutes?