Bonus Chapter: This Is How it Happened

What can I say, I missed my characters (:

A couple things;

1. I didn't proofread at all, so sorry if something doesn't make sense.

2. I got kinda rushed at the end, so sorry if you can tell...

Enjoy, lovlies.(:

And, PLEASE fan me if you like my writing & have added this (or any of my other writing to your reading list) Please, guys. I could use the support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cooper’s P.O.V

“S-stop!” Mila giggled, fighting against me as I held her down and tickled her sides.

“What’s the magic word?” I teased, pausing briefly.

“Um, please?” She tried.

I shook my head, a broader grin pulling at my lips when her chocolate eyes widened. I started moving my fingers against her stomach again, eliciting another string of giggles from her, “I’ll give you a hint, it starts with ‘Cooper’ and ends with ‘is super awesome’.”

“F-fine!” She gasped, “Cooper is s-super awesome!” Her voice lifted into a shriek on the last word. I chuckled and got off the couch, leaving her to glare at me while she tried to catch her breath.

“You better go get ready if you want to get to the fair any time soon.” I told her, watching in amusement as she rolled off onto the floor and begrudgingly picked herself up.

“I hate you sometimes.” She muttered, storming up the stairs.

I laughed when I heard her door slam, no doubt a feeble attempt to convey her anger with me. I knew she wasn’t really mad. I sighed and slumped back onto the couch, running a hand through my thick brown hair. If things went the way they were supposed to at the fair, I was finally going to tell Mi how I felt. Yeah, yeah, I know it was totally cliché. The high school football star falls in love with his best friend and they magically end up together; happily ever after, the end. But, it really wasn’t like that. Mila wasn’t some ditzy cheerleader that clung to me all the time, and I wasn’t an egotistical jerk who only cared about how many girls he could get with until he met that “special someone.” At least, I hoped people didn’t see me like that.

“Can we pretend that airplanes, in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now.” Mila’s voice travelled over to me as she sang Airplanes. I jumped to my feet, meeting her at the bottom of the stairs. She stepped dramatically off the last one, twirling a little in front of me. “What do you think?” she asked, rocking back and forth on her heels. Her honey blonde hair fell in soft waves to the top of her shoulder blades, her side swept bangs falling just above right eye. She wore a short sleeved, white Hollister shirt that dipped into a subtle v-neck and was paired with dark wash shorts.

I nodded, “You look awesome, Mi.” I lazily slung an arm around her shoulders. “You ready to head out?”

She bent down and scooped up a pair of light blue flip-flops that matched the lettering on her shirt, “Let’s go!” She all but galloped out the door, somehow managing to put her shoes on as she went. A smile curved up at my lips, she was like an eager five year old when it came to the fair.

*~*~*

“Ooh they already have the Ferris Wheel lit up!” Mila bounced up and down excitedly in the passenger seat of my truck as I parked it, managing to squeeze in between a white Prius and blue Ford Focus. Her face lit up as she watched the carts spin around in the darkening twilight. I didn’t get why seeing the Ferris wheel excited her so much. She was terrified of heights, and ended up in my lap by the end of the ride. Not that I minded.