Chapter 24the talk

Drako took Rocco out for a walk till they reached the edge of the lake. Once there they reached a small bench under a willow tree in where he sat his son down.

Drako : Son you know our history. I have spoken to you of our blood line since the day you where born as my father did with me as a pup and how we are from the first line in ware wolves. We are considered royalty among other wolves.

Rocco : Yes dad I know. Dad look I know you like telling me these stories but I'm sorta busy I have to train if Im gonna be a warrior and protect my little sister from rogues or hunters.

Drako : Yes, I understand but this conversation is a little different. Actually it's a conversation I was hoping to save for when you where older.

Rocco : I'm not a baby dad I can handle it.

Drako : I see. Ok let me start by telling you a story. So that this all makes sense to you.

Rocco : A story. What am I three. Dad I'm six. I can handle it.

Drako : Yes yes but let's just say it makes it easy for me. Help your old man out and bare with me please.

Rocco : Ok.

Drako : This is a story about mates and obsession. Long time ago when I was a child my friend Daunte and I where wild we got into trouble all the time along with your mom; this is all before mom and I knew we where mates. Usually mates will feel a pull but it's always stronger at 18. At 18 we know. Some wolves wait for their mates but others date other wolves prior to finding their mates. Well Daunte he and Merideth knew each other ever since they where pups he never gave her much thought but she started growing and developing. Merideth never let any other girl or she wolf get close to Daunte she made him her every thing. As time passed she believed that at his 18th birthday he would lose him self in her eyes and fall madly in love as mates do but that did not happen nor did they find their true mates.

Rocco : Lose them self. What?

Drako : Ok look when mates find them selves and lock eyes with one another they say at first they can't stop staring at each other. Ok let's continue where was I. Right ok so Merideth and Daunte defied the elders advise and swore their love to one another they got engaged and Daunte was going to claim her on their wedding day going against our nature and choosing his mate verses searching for his true mate. You see the moon goddess gives us all our perfect pair some wolves search our entire lives for them. Some are lucky like mom and I. We always knew each other but we did not always know we would be mates. We found out way after her 18th birthday at Daunte's funeral. So let me go on before the wedding was to take place Daunte and I decided to spend the weekend away from Merideth sorta a guys trip like a bachelor get away. We went to Canada we where only there a day when we bumped in to some local wolves that wanted to greet us due to our royal blood we where untouchable like celebrity's in the wolf world. Along the way they bragged about their matriarch one of the older Luna's they claimed she was of royal blood she was of our pack and moved here when she found her mate. Well we went to meet her. Once at their pack house we met her son who was an Alfa and he was married and had two children a boy and a girl his son was our age but his sister Elizabeth turned 18 that day and they where going to have a party that they invited us to. That night when Elizabeth walked down the stair ways Daunte smelled her but when he saw her he could not get to her fast enough she barley made it down the stairs when she was in his arms. Daunte had found his true mate and he fell madly in love well they both did. We called Striker and Daunte let him know to make preparations he had met his mate and would wed her upon his arrival, he promised to talk to Merideth upon his return. See Daunte and Merideth had promised that they would marry each other as long as they had not found their true mates before the wedding. Well it's easier said than done. I was to travel back with Elizabeth and Daunte left ahead so as to speak to Merideth and explain.

Rocco : What happened then?

Drako : Daunte arrived two days before We did he took Merideth to diner so they could talk she noticed something different in him he greeted her with a hug but refused to kiss her that was unlike Daunte in fact it was way off , they where always kissing. Well he told her he met his mate and she just about lost it. She attacked him Daunte did not hold a grudge and understood her. Striker in the other hand was upset she had not only attacked his son but her Alfa. So Striker spared her life with the condition she go away for a while. Merideth was sent away to travel was, told to take the time to heal and to search for her mate along the way. Merideth left but was wounded and she suffered so much her pain was palpable.

Rocco : Elizabeth is Bella's mom.

Drako : Yes. The day of the wedding their was an attack on Elizabeth but unsuccessful we caught the rouge he claimed a pack she wolf paid him he gave the description of Merideth but Daunte refused to believe she was capable of that he called her she denied it he believed her and we killed the rouge. When Daunte died Striker was left to be Alfa again Merideth returned and blamed Elizabeth for Daunte's death her pain was so much she blamed Striker for letting him marry a wolf he did not know she claimed Elizabeth probably had enemies that killed him she also blamed me for taking him on that weekend that he met Elizabeth. It nearly drove her mad in fact I still think she's crazy. The point son no good comes in claiming some one the moon goddess has not destined for you I know Bella and you are children she's only 4 and you are six but already your threatening any feature boyfriends and it's not a good thing.

Rocco : But I like her she's not like the girls she's like the boys she is tough and she has a wolf.

Drako : Yes son but she's not yours and you won't know until your 18.

Rocco : Ok. So it's better to wait and see who the moon goddess chooses for us or we could get cursed and die young for defying her.

Drako : Well that's not what I said but sorta I guess. The point is it's not good to go against our nature.

Rocco : Do you think Bella knows she keeps telling me she's Gonna get a mate.

Drako : Well you know Bella did not grow up wolf she just found out who she is. I think maybe everyday they tell her more about her self so she can catch up. Maybe Maria has already started to tell her.

Rocco : Dad. What happens if her mate is not a good guy. Can I beat him up then?

Drako : Well the thing about mates even if he's not good guy he could never harm her. The bound that mates have is so strong you live to make the other happy most mates cant live with out the other they would rather die only the strong survive without their mates.

Rocco : Oh.

With that said they began walking back to the mansion. It was a very quiet walk back surprisingly so usually you can't shut Rocco up.

____________________________________________________________

Hey it's me Lety Ok so here is another up load still working on my health but God is good and I have had a few good days seems like I'm taking well to the new meds. So today I wrote through my pain I lost my beloved pet she was old gal but I loved her she was a chihuahua named Cosita. Well bye for now hope you enjoyed if any grammar problems I do apologize it's late and I'm tired I have frequently been revising and correcting the other chapters so please bare with me. Again Angeles and I Lety appreciate your following and reading our book merry Christmas don't forget to Vote / Fan / Comment / Share Love you