55 goodbyes

Elizabeth could not sleep...she held her sleeping child in her arms she wanted to cherish these moments before they where gone . She felt her heart break at the thought of leaving her but the thought of taking her was far worse Bella had found her haven her sanctuary ... She was safe and new it she would not take her from that this was her home ... As for Elizabeth she could not stay here the pain of being here being reminded and having to relive her mates death with every memory that lived here in this place in every corner that carried something of him simply the people that talked to her about him and their memories  of him to her was unbearable , it felt like some one taking their nails on a fresh scar and reopen it. You see the drugs numbed the pain then there was the amnesia all things to forget but clean and sober she had no choice but to finally  deal with it and it was getting to be to much.

On the eve of Striker and the rest of his packs return Elizabeth requested a meeting with Striker and Maria lil Bella to be present as this concerned her. Striker accepted her request and feared the worse to come with a heavy heart he approached Maria taking her to a more private area so he could inform her of Elizabeth's request.

Striker : Maria .... After dinner Elizabeth has chosen to speak to us pertaining Bella.
Maria : Oh she must still have questions about Bella's shifting so early.
Striker: I'm not sure but I fear that might not be the reason.
Maria : What make's you think that?
Striker: Damien ... He loves her and she seems to reciprocate. Damien wants to take her as his Luna, and who are we to stop her from living her life. In the end this home was Daunte's home and it must be hard for her to be here.
Maria: What does this mean ? What are you trying to tell me?
Striker: Bella she's her daughter you do the math.
Maria : No .... Please. No

As soon as Maria let out her final word she no longer felt her legs she began to weep as she crumbled to the ground she felt as if she was losing her own little girl. Striker rushed to Maria's side holding her as she wept. That Dinner felt like the longest Dinner ever Maria and Striker went to the office to await Elizabeth, soon after Elizabeth walked in with Bella in tow.
Elizabeth : Striker - Maria ... thank you for allowing me a meeting in such short notice you must be tired from your journey and be anxious to be alone with our Luna but I fear may stay here has come to an end and I must leave to join Damien and the others. As far as our lil Bella here ....
Maria: Please Elizabeth Bella is not ready Bella she please.....
Elizabeth: Bella has chosen to stay behind... and if that is ok with you I ask you to continue to care for my daughter as is she where your own.

Striker gave a breath of relief , Maria ran to Elizabeth embracing her and thanking her all the while.

Bella : Mommy will you come back?
Elizabeth : Of coarse I will , this is not good bye this is an I will see you later Bells.

With that said Elizabeth hurried out of the office before she could change her mind leaving one the others behind not noticing that striker started to follow. Before Elizabeth reached the end of the corridor Striker reached for her arm turning her toward him to reveal her tear stained face. Elizabeth threw her self in his embrace and cried.

Elizabeth : This is the right thing to do. I have not been a mother to her but this time it's the best I could do to leave her here where she is safe and loved by all .
Striker : I promise you this is not a mistake we will do right by you and Daunte. No matter what Elizabeth this is your home. You will always be welcomed her.
Elizabeth : sniff ... Thank you.

With that said Elizabeth pulled away made her way to her chambers to pack leaving a very stunned Striker. Bella was staying striker could not believe his good fortune. Morning came fast it was time to say good bye Elizabeth was packed and on her way to join the wolf she grew to love and start a new life. Bella was still sleeping while Elizabeth tip toed in to kiss her sleeping baby and say good bye she was afraid of not being able to leave her behind if Bella where awake. Damien sent his trusted fighters to escort Elizabeth to his lands it was to early to leave for him and there was so much work and lots to rebuild after the destruction of his uncles rule.