After❥Epilouge

"Do you have everything? All your suitcases? You didn't leave any in your room did you? Should I go check?"

"Mom, I got it all, relax."

Jenna stood next to her small car, the back bulging, with a few suitcases and a couple boxes. Today was the day she left for university.

"Okay, I'm going to miss you honey, family hug!" Jenna was squished in between her parents and her brother involuntarily.

"Bye!" Jenna called as they piled back into the house, and she climbed into the front seat of the car. She sat for a minute and checked her phone. He still hadn't answered her, he wasn't coming. She was about to start the car, and when she heard a knock on her window. Tyler.

"Oh thank god!" She smiled, jumping out of the car to hug him.

"I'm sorry I'm so late, I just didn't know how to say goodbye to you." He apologized into her hair as they were wrapped in a hug.

"Then tell me to stay." She said suddenly. "Tell me to stay, and I can be here, with you, Josh and Debby. I'll be here and I'll go to school here like Debby. It's not too late to change my mind."

"Jenna, I'm not going to do that. You're going to go the university of your dreams, and you're going to accomplish all the great things I know you're capable of. I don't want to see you go, but this isn't it for us, we're going to be the exception to the long-distance rule." He promised her.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Here, I made you this to listen to on the trip up to your school, you have a long drive ahead of you." He handed her a CD. "It's the rough cuts of the music Josh and I are working on."

"I'll play it on repeat." She said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"I know, me too, but I'm going to come up and visit as often as possible. I'm not in school anymore, so I'll find the time."

"You sure? What if you become a big star in the next couple days?"

"You're more important."

She laughed, hugging him again.

"I'll see you soon Jenna."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too."