The Judge❥21

Jenna stood up shakily, and made her way over to the keyboard, with her sheet music. Tyler gave her a reassuring smile before sitting on a stool behind the mic stand.

"Hi!" He started brightly. "Um, we turned one of our poems into song for the presentation, so here goes." Ms. MacDonald hit the play button, and the sounds of the synthesizer rang throughout the small classroom. People sat up straighter, suddenly interested in what they were going to do. The knot in Jenna's stomach twisted tighter. Looking out into the classroom of faces, the first two she saw were the glares from Madison, and Caitlyn. She felt as if she was going to throw up. Just when she was about to run away, Tyler began to sing, or should I say rap.

"I wake up fine and dandy..." The intrigues faces around the room, looked even more shocked when he began, it even shocked Madison, and Caitlyn. Now all eyes were on Tyler, but he seemed to be feeding off it, rather than shying away.

Jenna flicked her eyes to the sheet music, and Tyler was right, she did know it this well enough to playing it without looking. Waiting for her cue in the music, she began to play.

"I'll stay awake, cuz the dark's not taking prisoners tonight..." Tyler's beautiful voice floated into her ears. Her fingers danced over the keys so effortlessly, that she felt 100% comfortable sitting where she was, doing what she was doing. She felt so relaxed, that she even surprised herself when she started singing along with Tyler.

"Why won't you let me go? Do I threaten all your plans?" Her voice melded with his creating a pretty contrasted sound.

The song was over too soon. Jenna opened her eyes one at a time, anticipating the judgmental stares of her classmates, but that's not what she saw. What she saw, was mouths hanging open, and wide, surprised eyes, including Madison and Caitlyn.

"That was amazing you two!" Ms. MacDonald gushed. "Oh wow, Tyler you have a real talent for singing, and Jenna that piano playing was beautiful!"

"Thanks," She replied shyly.

"Give it up for Josh Dun on the drums," Tyler clapped from his stool, the rest of the class joined in, and Josh, being Josh, stood up, bowing dramatically.

Quickly, Tyler and Jenna rushed to take down their set up, and they were excused from class to take it all back to Tyler's car.

Once everything was tucked away in his car again, they began to walk back up to the school.

"Tyler, that was amazing! Your voice is so good!" Jenna complimented him, and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"You think? You did such a good job on the piano!" He gave her a kiss on the cheek. Smiling happily, she rested her head on his shoulder, and they continued walk in silence.

When they were just about inside the school, they saw Madison, Caitlyn, and Ally strut out of the school. Jenna hoped to god they would just ignore them, and continue walking, of course that didn't happen.

"Oh look at that! Are you two dating now? How adorable!" Madison laughed, Caitlyn and Ally joined in.

"Yeah, but it's none of your business," Tyler replied, his voice free of emotion.

"I think I was talking to Jenna," Madison's voice was sickeningly sweet. "Or are you too afraid to answer yourself?" She asked, eyes like daggers.

"Of course I can answer myself, I just did want to put myself through the emotional torture of actually having to hear your voice again." Jenna snapped, she didn't know where that one came from. Caitlyn looked shocked that she spoke, especially such harsh words.

"Calm down JB!" Madison responded, unimpressed by her words. "Remember when we used to call you that, Jenna Black?"

"Yup," Jenna said, popping the p.

"Anyway, we're ditching the rest of day," Madison turned to Tyler, putting on her flirty face. "You wanna come with?"

"That's the last thing I would want to do." Jenna said bluntly.

"I wasn't talking to you JB," Madison spat, then she turned back to Tyler. "We used to try to take her to parties with us when we were friends, she was always such a buzzkill." She was clearly flirting with him. Now that she knew he could sing, and had the possibility of becoming cool, she was all over him.

"Like Jenna said, that's the last thing I would want to do, especially since you're such horrible people and you're constantly rude to my girlfriend." Tyler was as blunt as Jenna had been.

"Fine," Ally hissed, grabbing Madison's arm. "Come on Mads, let's go." The trio of girls spun around in the direction of the parking lot. Tyler took her arm, led her back inside the school.

"You were friends with those girls?" He instantly asked. Dropping her gaze from his eyes to her feet, she suddenly felt ashamed.

"Yeah," She whispered.

"I'm sorry you had to put up with that." Tyler said, which immensely surprised her.

"What?"

"I'm sorry you had to put up with such horrible people." He said again.

"Oh, well they weren't always like that, when they started hanging out with Ally, was when they started being so mean, also when they stopped being friends with me."

"They ditched you?"

"Yeah,"

"Well that explains why they're so rude to you, what happened between you guys?" He asked.

"I wish I knew," She sighed

"Is that was you always looked so afraid when you see them in the hallways?"

"Sorta," That was a lie, it was the reason, not just sort of.

"Well at least I know what they acted like that at the party."

"Yeah," Jenna sighed, Tyler got the hint she wanted to stop talking about it.

"Come on then, let's get back to class." He urged her.

a/n- short update, but hey I updated two days in a row, that's fancy of me if I do say so myself! Anyway, I got a question for you guys! Who's your favourite and your least favourite character in this story?????