Polarize❥24

4 months later

The cold January wind bit at Jenna's cheeks, tinting them a shade of pink that matched her fluffy winter jacket. Pure white snow fell from the sky in huge flakes, sticking to every surface they landed on, making the world into a mirror image of themselves.

Jenna walked down the sidewalk with the freshly falling snow beginning to accumulate beneath her boots. The Saturday morning sunlight was hazy behind the clouds full of the white powder, and passer-byes rushed for the inside of their cars or their homes, hoping for an escape from the crisp air.

Jenna relished in the cold though, she felt the sharpness of the wind, and the blinding brightness awakening in the morning. She was headed to a very small coffee shop where Tyler would be playing a few songs. Josh couldn't get away from work this morning so that left Tyler by himself. She promised she would be there for moral support.

Tyler and Josh had really been working on their music lately, so much so that Jenna felt she barely saw them anymore. She spent most of her time with Debby, and Mark now. Anna had been offered an amazing opportunity to graduate early and travel to Germany to began studying medicine. She had always been insanely smart, and planned on devoting her life to curing incurable ailments. Now she was getting the chance to do so even earlier than she expected.

Jenna pushed open the door of the tiny coffee shop, and immediately her ears were filled with the sounds of Tyler's calming voice.

"...silent in the trees..." He was singing trees, one of her favourites. She took a seat at a table close to the corner was Tyler was set up with his piano. A waitress came over and she ordered a small coffee, by that time Tyler had just finished the song, and a small bit of applause came up from the disinterested audience.

"Thank you, um, now I'm going to play a new one I wrote, it's called Lovely." He played a few fluttering notes on the piano before beginning to sing. "You say things with your mouth, cobwebs and flies come out..."

The song was beautiful as always. She sat and listened intently to his voice, and words, eyes closed. Then she heard a lyric that made her eyes snap open to see Tyler's eyes glued to her.

"...I will make you believe you are lovely..."

A few weeks back, she had fallen asleep on his couch, and as she was drifting off she swore she heard him say that exact sentence to her while he stroked her hair.

Once he had finished his set after a few more songs, he came over and joined her at the table, greeting her with a kiss.

"What did you think?" He asked, "and be honest."

"Tyler it was as breathtaking as always, and that's the truth." She smiled at him.

"Thanks Jen," He gave her another kiss which she happily accepted. When he pulled away, no one could wipe the smile from her lips. "Did I ever tell you how much I like it when you smile? It makes those beautiful eyes of yours light up."

"Stop it," She swatted him. He snatched her head, and gave the top of it a kiss. He proceeded to loop his arm around her waste. Together they stepped outside into the more heavily falling snow. They began to talk in the direction of her house.

"You want to come over for a while?" She asked hopefully, this was the most they had seen each other all week.

"There is nothing else I'd rather do." He said genuinely. "So what song was your favourite?"

"Well, you know I absolutely adore trees, but I don't know, I really liked the new one."

"Lovely? You liked that one? Like honestly?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!" She said giving him a squeeze.

"Good, because that's your song?" He said leaning his head against hers.

"What?"

"I wrote that one for you Lovely." He explained, gently touching her chin, and kissing her yet again. "God, I can't get enough of you."

a/n- So i might have some explaining to do since I haven't updated in over a month, oops. Well, first of all, writer's block is a bitch, and second of all I was in my school's musical, and that took up a lot of my time, I'm talking 14 hour rehearsals, but that's over now. So I decided to do a time hop to give myself a bit of a fresh start, because the story was starting to get very jumbled, so hopefully I can get it back on track now, and end it before it gets out of control!