Guns for Hands❥26

a/n- Well well well, looks whose finally updating their fic on a regular basis... ME!

Marlie turned out to be good company. She was opinionated, sassy, and even a little rude, but she was also passionate, smart, and extremely funny and sarcastic.

"So when is your boyfriend going to do his thing, I'm getting tired of waiting!" Marlie complained, finishing off her second virgin cocktail of the night.

"I don't know actually," Jenna checked her phone, the time was nearing 10:30pm.

"Well if they don't come out soon, I'm leaving," Marlie declared, folding her arms across her chest. Her jet black hair fell over her shoulders dramatically.

"I'm sure they'll play soon." She assured her. As she said that the music playing over the speaker in the bar cut out, and immediately a very familiar synth sound came from the darkly lit stage fully the room. Suddenly the lights on the stage came up, and Tyler began to rap.

"I wake up fine and dandy, but by the time I find it handy to rip my heart apart, and start planning my crash landing..." 

Jenna let a small gasp escape her lips, realizing what song it was.

"What's up with you?" Marlie asked, her eyes glued to the performance.

"I helped him write this song," Marlie whipped her head around.

"Dude, this is really good! Do you write songs usually?"

"No, this is the only one I ever helped write, besides Tyler was the one who did most of the work setting the poem to music," She explained

"Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to listen to your boyfriend not suck," She had refocused herself on Tyler and Josh, being unintentionally rude in the process. Jenna just laughed off the girl's under-developed social skills.

They boys sang three songs before stopping for a quick break. 

"Well, I hate to admit it, your boyfriend's band is actually not that bad," Marlie said, standing up. "Give me a call sometime Jenna, you're good people." With that, She slung her black jacket over her body and headed for the door.

"Wait, you didn't pay for you drinks!" Jenna called, standing up. Marlie merely waved at her without turning around as she strutted out the door. Rolling her eyes, Jenna sat down and made a mental note to get Marlie to pay her back the next time she saw her. Was it possible that she had just made another friend?

Settling herself in her seat again, she waited for Tyler to come over. They made eye contact quickly and she waved him over, it looked like her started walking toward her, but before he took no more than two steps, Josh rushed up to him excitedly tapping his shoulder, and telling him something. Without a second thought, the two of them ran backstage.

Jenna waited for him to come back but he never did.

"Where's your boyfriend love?" The same boy who had talked to her at the bar dropped into the seat across from her. Jenna dropped her head in her hands out of frustration, all she wanted was to go home now. "Aw, what's the matter?"

"You, please leave me alone," She told him, her voice cracking more than she would have liked it to. The boy simply gave her a sympathetic face, and inched his chair over to her side of the table, so he was seated right beside her. He smelled worse than when she got here.

"You just need some company is all Princess, but you don't have to worry, you're new friend Marcus is here to keep you from getting lonely." Marcus laid his arm across her shoulders which she immediately recoiled from.