Semi-Automatic❥35

"Just go to the hospital," Jenna told herself. She was sitting in the driver's seat of her car ready to go and visit Debby, who was still in the hospital, and she couldn't do it. If she went to the hospital, Debby would want to talk about her and Tyler and there was nothing Jenna wanted to do less. Everyone thought it was a mistake they broke up, but did everyone forget he cheated on her? How do you go back to someone like that?

Jenna sat in the car for 15 more minutes trying to decide if she should go in or not. She knew she should, but she did not want to. Finally, she grabbed her phone off the passenger seat of the car and called Debby.

"Hey Debs."

"Hey Jen, are you coming to visit?"

"I wanted to, but I am so sorry, I completely forgot I made plans with friend of mine today and now it's too late to cancel! I'm sorry."

"No Jen, it's totally fine, Josh is here anyways. Go hang out with your friend, I'll talk to you later." Jenna ended the call, and clutched her phone, guiltily biting her lips. She hated lying to Debby so much, so she had to make it so she wasn't. Quickly she scrolled through her contacts, and called the number she was looking for. The person answered the phone exactly as Jenna expected she would.

"Jenna Black! I was wondering when you'd call me, I was worried you had forgotten about me!"

"Hi Marlie," Jenna laughed. She forgot how outgoing she was, even though they had been texting back and forth since the night at Sandy's. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something today? I kinda wanted to ask you a few things."

"Hell yes I do! Meet me at Antrim Lake."

"A lake? Really?"

"Oh I'm sorry do you want to go back to Sandy's?" Marlie mocked her light-heartedly.

"Oh gross no! Okay I will see you at the lake."

Jenna made the short drive to the lake. It was pretty much deserted except for one old looking car that she assumed belonged to Marlie.

As soon as she stepped out of her mother's station wagon, she heard Marlie's voice.

"Jenna Black!"

"Marlie Davidson!" She called back chuckling.

"How the hell are you?" Marlie skipped over to her, dropping her arm around her shoulder.

"Honestly, a bit confused."

"Why's that?"

"Well, you know my boyfriend who preformed at the bar that night?"

"Oh yeah! How are things between you two?" Marlie and Jenna began to walk the perimeter of the large lake.

"We broke up."

"Oh," Marlie's face fell. "What did he do?"

"He cheated on me, that same night at the bar I might add."

"What an ass." Marlie fumed, blowing a stray strand of hair from her face.

"Well not exactly," Jenna admits. "He has been apologizing like mad ever since it happened, and he was the one to tell me it happened. We literally talked about it at his house for hours. We argued, and talked, and yelled, and everything in between. In the end, I broke it off and I'm still trying to convince myself I made the right choice."

"That is a complex situation you've got on your hands."

"It is! So what I do not need right now is everyone telling me to get back together with him! I need some perspective!"