Implicit Demand For the Truth❥27

a/n- I am aware, it's 'Implicit Demand For Proof', I'm being punny, you'll get it later.

"Wait, back up, so did you break up or not?"

"I don't know!" Jenna dropped her head in her hands, racking her brain for the answers. Her and Debby had been sitting on her bed attempting to hash out the details of the evening at Sandy's. It had been over two weeks ago, and Tyler and her still haven't spoken.

"How do you not know!" Debby cried, falling back on the bed, "We have been at this for an hour!"

"I don't know! Okay he said something like 'If you leave, you showing me you're done' and then I was like 'Maybe I am' but I didn't mean it, and now we haven't spoken in so long, and I don't know if this is a break up or a rough patch." Jenna laid back, joining Debby.

"It kinda sounds like a breakup..." Debby admitted.

"I can't be a breakup though! It wasn't even him I was really mad at that night! I mean, sure, he did leave me alone, which I was mad about, but I completely took everything out on him! It was not just him, it was everything. It was the anxiety, the people, the everything, it wasn't just him." Jenna said firmly. She wouldn't let herself believe that her and Tyler were done.

"Okay, then it's not a breakup. Look, Jenna, we are not going to figure this out by ourselves, so you either need to ask Tyler or-"

"I'm not asking Tyler if we broke up! Do you understand how dumb that sounds?"

"Or we call in the big guns, Josh."

"Yes! Call Josh, he'll know!" Jenna bounced off the bed, and snatched Debby's phone from her desk. "Call now."

"Jenna it's 2am!"

"I do not care, you call that boy, if he loves you, he'll pick up." Jenna tossed the phone into her lap. Debby glared at her, but reluctantly dialed the number.

Josh picked up quicker than either of them expected, and instead of answering in the groggy, sleepy voice, he sounded perky; like he never went to sleep.

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"Hey, you're on speaker with Jenna just to let you know, what are you doing up?"

"Okay cool, I'm at Tyler's with Mark, we're doing an all night mario marathon. Here say hi to them, hold on, I'm putting you on speaker too."

"Josh wait!" Jenna tried to stop him but it was too late.

"Tyler, Mark say hi!"

"Hey! Argh! Tyler pause the game!" Mark yelled.

"Fine, Hello! Who am I saying hi to?"

"Debby and... oh." Josh trailed off, realization of what he just did hitting him.

"And Jenna?" Tyler asked.

"Hi..." Jenna said meekly.

"Mark, I'm un-pausing." She heard Tyler say, the cheerfulness gone from his voice.

"Josh, take us off speaker," Debby said.

"Way ahead of you," He replied, it was already evident he had speaker phone turned off.

"Okay, we need to ask you something, and Tyler can't hear." Debby began.

"Okay, I'll go upstairs." They heard Josh sprint up a flight of stairs, greet Tyler's mom, drop his phone, and finally fall into a seat. "Okay, shoot."

"You sure you're ready?" Debby laughed.

"Yes, ask away." He sighed.

"Okay, I know this is going to sound super dumb, but has Tyler mentioned if we broke up or not?" Jenna asked, already cringing at herself. "Because, for the life of us, we cannot figure it out."