Truce❥14

Jenna saw her parents and brother off at the airport that night, and drove herself home. She woke up the next morning with a terribly sore throat the next morning. Groaning, she forcefully dragged herself out of bed, and got ready for the day looming ahead or her.

While she was eating breakfast, she got a text from Anna, asking if she wanted a drive, but she was leaving right then, and Jenna wasn't even close to ready. When 8:10am rolled around, when her bus was at the bus stop, Jenna was asleep with her head on the counter. She woke up, and groggily checked the time, 10:05am. School had already began.

"Oh shit!" Jenna yelled. She sprinted out the door, and hopped into her car. She had a twenty minute drive to school, so that meant she missed first and most of second period. Jenna parked her car in the student parking lot, and entered the school's office to get a late slip.

Jenna sheepishly walked into math class, and handed the teacher her slip. Embarrassed she rushed over to her seat beside Tyler, and began to wring her hands.

"Where were you this morning?" He whispered to her, careful not to let the teacher notice he was talking.

"I fell back to sleep," She whispered back, keeping her eyes glued to her hands, but out of the corner of her eye, she saw Tyler crack a grin.

"Nice one, Sleeping Beauty," He teased.

"No! It's not funny!" She told him, but she was beginning to smile with him.

After math class, her and Tyler parted ways to got to their separate lockers. Jenna tossed her math supplies inside of it, and grabbed her brown bag lunch to head down to the lunch room. On her way she passed Bryan. Wrapping her arms around herself protectively, she avoided eye contact with him at all costs. Bryan saw her though, and as they passed each other, the lack of eye contact didn't stop him from whispering in her ear.

"Bitch,"

Normally she would have rushed away, and hid somewhere, but today was already off to such a bad start, that it couldn't get any worse. She turned back to him, and threw caution to the wind.

"Hey Bryan!" He turned around in the crowed hallway.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself, because you obviously can't fuck anyone else without using force," She flipped him off, then turned on her heal, and continued toward the cafeteria, with every pair of eyes on her. That was the last time she saw Bryan. Rumour had it, he had to go back to Florida, because he was facing multiple rape charges.

Jenna expected herself to start regretting what she said to Bryan immediately, but she never did. In all honestly, she was proud of herself. Bryan deserved it, no one should be able to walk around like they own the place, after the things he's done.

She flopped down in a chair around there lunch table next to Anna with a smile on her face. So far it was just her, Debby, Mark, and Anna there, Josh and Tyler still hadn't arrived.

"What's up with you?" Debby asked.

"What?" Jenna responded.

"You're smiling... kind of... triumphantly?" Debby cocked her head.

"Oh, am I? It's nothing," She brushed off Debby's questions.

"Alright then," Debby still looked suspicious, but didn't pursue her anymore.

"Where are Tyler and Josh?" Mark wondered aloud.

"I don't know, Tyler went to his locker at the same time I did, but maybe Josh was late." Jenna suggested.

"Oh yeah, that was Josh, the french teacher asked him to stay after class." Debby was laughing.

"What?" Anna asked.

"Well, Josh is the worst at french, he has no idea how to speak it, so today, instead of asking Mrs. Abel if he could go get a drink he asked her if he could," Debby was laughing so hard she couldn't even get through the sentence.

"What did he say?" Mark persisted

"I'll directly translate what he said. He said, and I quote 'May I go have a good cry?'" Everyone burst out laughing. "As I was leaving the room, I heard her ask him if she wanted her to make him an appointment with the guidance counsellor!" Debby choked out. Jenna's laugh quickly turned into a cough.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked.

"Yeah, except I woke up this morning with a really sore throat. I think I might have strep throat, actually," As she was saying this Josh, and Tyler entered the room.

"Strep? Isn't that contagious?" Anna asked.

"Nah, only if you share utensils with someone who's infected, or you know kiss them," Mark explained. Josh's eyes widened, and his head snapped toward Tyler, then Jenna flicking in between them.

"Tyler!" Josh exclaimed excitedly. Tyler turned to him eyes wide with fear.

"You had stre-" That was all Josh could get out, before Tyler clapped his hand over Josh's mouth and dragged him out of the room. Everyone turned to Jenna expectantly.

"I don't know!" She lied defensively. "I'll go find out," She said, sliding out of her chair, and rushed into the hallway to find Tyler still holding his hand over Josh's mouth.

"SHHHHHH!" Tyler was telling him, a finger over his own lips.

"Get off me dude!" Josh batted Tyler's hand from his mouth. "You guys totally kissed! You did, Tyler had strep last week, and you guys kissed, giving it to Jenna!" Josh was pointing at them, a proud grin on his face. Jenna turned to Tyler.

"You kissed me, even though you knew you had strep?" She asked him.

"Are we really going to have this conversation now? Priorities Jenna!" He told her.

"Right,"

"Why didn't you tell me!" Josh asked Tyler.

"We weren't telling people!" Tyler tried to explain, "We didn't know what it meant."

"What do you mean you don't know what it means? If you kiss each other you like each other, and if you like each other, you date each other!" Josh was confused.

"It's not that simple Josh," Jenna tried to get him to calm down.

"It is! You guys ki-" Jenna threw her hand over his mouth.

"Shut up! Everyone is going to hear!" She hushed him.

"Well, everyone should know! We're your friends!"

"Josh, please just keep this to yourself! It's not a big deal!" Tyler pleaded with him. Josh gave him a look as if to say 'come on!'

"Not a big deal? Tyler you have liked her since the day you met her!" Josh yelled.

"Dude!" Tyler looked embarrassed, and angry at the same time. He gave Josh a punch on the arm.

"You think she doesn't know you like her yet? You kissed, I think it's obvious by now!" Josh shoved Tyler a little. Jenna began to wring her hands, this was a very stressful situation.

"Just don't tell anyone," Tyler asked Josh again.

"Fine, but good luck explaining why you guys took me out here," Josh agreed, then he went back into there lunch room.

"Ready to lie?" Tyler asked grinning a bit.

"Why not?"