Hometown❥9

Tyler yanked the steering towards the right, back into the right lane, then onto the side of the road.

"Oh my god," Jenna breathed a sigh of relief when the car stopped moving. "Are you okay?" She asked Tyler, still gripping the sides of her seat.

"I think so, I'm alive, are you?" He asked her.

"I hope I am," Then they both started to laugh, for no particular reason, maybe because they were relieved they didn't die, but it felt nice to just sit and laugh for a minute after the evening she had. Once their laughter died down, Tyler spoke again, after letting out a breath to calm himself down.

"I should really get you home now, it's almost eleven, and I was supposed to be home around ten,"

"Me too, actually!" Jenna hadn't realized how late it was.

They drove the rest of the way in silence, Tyler never tearing his eyes from the road. Without the talking, Jenna's mind wandered to what Tyler had said before they almost crashed. 'You can trust me'. Oh how she wanted to, she wanted to trust all of her friends, but now she wasn't even sure if she trusted Anna. If someone like Bryan could do something like that to her, than she had no idea what everyone else was capable of. Bryan was an amazing person before he left, and Caitlyn, Madison, and Laura were her best friends, now she found herself dreading having to see them in the hallways, and terrified to ever see Bryan again. It was a lot of shit, and she didn't understand why it all happened.

"Okay were here," Tyler parked the car in her driveway.

"Thanks for driving me, almost killing me, and... the other thing," Jenna half thanked him, half teasing.

"Your welcome, and it was your eyes, those are very distracting eyes, dangerous to drive with!" He smiled showing those cute little crooked teeth she loved.

"Well if you can't drive with my eyes, don't expect me to drive with you if you smile, that is very distracting too!" She returned his contagious smile.

"My smile? This is the first I'm hearing of this! I'm flattered!" He proclaimed, fluttering his eyelashes, and flashing her a comically large smile. Jenna rolled her eyes at him, but she laughed.

"Seriously though, thanks for tonight," Jenna said looking him in the eyes.

"Anyone would have done the same thing," He said looking down, Jenna began to wring her hands at the thought of what she was going to say next.

"But it was you who was there, and I'm glad it was you, I don't think anyone would have been that affective in getting him to leave, and it really seemed like you cared about me, so I'm appreciative." Jenna wasn't looking him in the face anymore, it was too embarrassing.

"Of course I care about you Jenna," She heard him say. Jenna unbuckled her seatbelt, and clambered out of the car, but turned back, quickly leaned back into the car, and kissed his cheek before hurrying inside.

"Jenna Elizabeth Black!" Her father's voice boomed from the kitchen, when she slammed the front door shut. "Get in here right now!" Jenna winced, that statement was never good, especially when her middle name was used. She sulked into the kitchen.

"Where in god's name were you! We were so worried!" Her mother demanded. There were both seated at the kitchen table, sipping cups of coffee.

"I have a good explanation, but I'm not giving it tonight, tomorrow morning, now is not the time. Just give me your punishment now." Jenna said flatly. She was tired, sexually abused, and nearly got into a car crash, she just wanted to sleep. "Oh, and Tyler is coming over tomorrow to work on an English project," Her parents looked dumbfounded. Usually when they called her in the kitchen like that, she was talking a mile a minute, trying to get out of whatever punishment they had. When they didn't say anything for a while, Jenna just went to bed, she was too tired to deal with this, not just physically, but mentally too. She peeled off the dress, rubbed off her makeup, and pulled on a pair of her coziest pyjamas, and rolled into her blankets. Lying there in silence, she knew she wasn't going to sleep tonight, no matter how much she wanted to. Way to much happened tonight, and she didn't realize how much she needed to cry, yet again, until now. She broke down. Her mom must have heard her.