51: Devoured By Life!

(I NEED YA'ALL TO LEAVE LOTS OF COMMENTS ON THIS LAST CHAPTER :) ♡ )

Haniya's POV:-

"Haniya! Are you ready or I have to wait for ages?" Shayaan shouted from downstairs and I could clearly sense a sarcasm there. I was now doing my hair to go for work.

"Coming babe!" I laughed as I shook my head. Collecting my bag and cell phone I descended downstairs.

Its been almost a month since we are happily married and I have never been happier. Ahh! Time flies.

We decided to live in Paris and for that purpose we bought a new house. Shayaan got his own job here and even I insisted him to join us but he being he refused saying "I will do what I should be doing and the job I deserve. I'll join you when I will be at your level. You put your sweat and strength to get where you are now and your husband is proud of you, you should know that".

"Finally the beauty appeared!" Shayaan grinned with a dreamy look.

"You can never stop using these cheesy pickup lines Shayaan!" I poked his nose and in return he pecked my cheek.

"Never love!" He smiled and as I was about to answer him I felt a sudden gush of pain in my stomach. I clentched my tummy as I frowned.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" Shayaan's face showed panic instantly.

No matter how old we grow you will still care for me the same.

"Its nothing. I'm ok!" I assured him but he didn't seem to buy it.

"Are you sure? You look pale" He put his hand on my forehead and I shook my head, smiling up at him.

"I'm perfectly fine Shayaan. Lets go now!" I held his hand and dragged him outside. We sat in the car and he ignited the engine as we drove towards our destination.

"Bookworm there is something for you in the back seat" He mouthed taking a glance at me while his face muscles were still crooked into a smile.

"What is it?" I asked and he shrugged looking away.

I moved towards the back seat and my hand touched a thin file. Bringing it open I read what was written on the papers and my mouth went wide as I let out a cheerful laugh.

"How you did that? How did he even agree to give our house back?" I was literally at the verge of exploding out of happiness.

"You see, your husband is a genius!" He boasted and I chuckled.

"No doubt in that!" I agreed.

"Remember when I wasn't at home for two days and I said I was going to meet a friend in Pakistan. I actually went for this!" He clearified and I was too stunned to reply him as few tears left my eye.

"Haniya its your house. You and Rameen grew up there and you have such beautiful memories of Mom and Dad in that house. I had to get it back for you as I know how much that house matters to you" He placed his hand on mine and I curled my fingers around it.

"Thank you so much Shayaan! How will I ever pay you back" I said as I wiped my tears.

"Ohh don't worry about that! Here!" He pointed towards his cheek and I giggled hitting his arm.

"You are a hopeless romantic!" I mouthed as I limped closer to him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you sweetheart! I love you too!" He laughed making me shake my head on his childish ways of bringing a smile on my face. It was like his daily routine, it was like a duty for him. Not a day goes by when I don't feel like the happiest person in the world.