45: He is Always There For Her.

Rameen's POV :-

Stepping outside of the car I glanced at our house. The house where we grew up, the house which Mom and Dad furnished and decorated with their own hands. I looked at Haniya standing beside me. She was lost somewhere while her eyes were glued on the large house.

"This house looks dead. As long as they were there life oozed out of every corner but now...." she rolled her lower lip inward as she took a deep breath.

"Lets go inside" I side hugged her and she nodded.

The guard opened the main door and we went inside. Every corner was full of memories. I wanted to hear Mom's giggles, I wanted to hear Dad's jokes and wanted to see their cute moments but the house was as silent as a graveyard.

"As I looked at the kitchen I waited for Mom to come out and embrace me in her arms but nobody came out" Haniya said tracing her fingers on the large picture of Mom which was hanging on the wall.

"Why you both have to leave?" She said in a cracking voice and slid down as she cried once again. In these three days not a moment went by when she would not think about them, when she would not shed tears. Shayaan and everyone did their level best to comfort her but to no avail.

"Haniya please?" I sat beside her trying hard to control my own tears to flow down.

"Hmmm" she muttered as she wiped away her tears and went upstairs to her room.

I went into the kitchen to make lunch. As I gathered the vegetables to chop my cell phone rang.

"Rameen did you guys reach safely? How is Haniya feeling now?" Salman asked from the other side.

"I'm currently making lunch and Haniya is upstairs, sitting alone" I sighed looking up at the ceiling.

"I know Wifey. Shayaan also isn't talking much. It feels as if he is worried for her but Haniya wants to stay alone. He wants to be there for her and even Shayaan insisted to come with you guys but she refused" he said with a grim tone.

"I just want to see them happy Salman. Mom and Dad's death has made Haniya so broken. Seeing her like this how can Shayaan take a sigh of relief?" I said in a matter of fact tone.

"I'll talk to you later. Assure Shayaan that I'll take care of her and he don't have to worry, Allright?" I said as I got up and opened the drawer of spices.

"Ok Rameen. I miss you love. Come back soon" he said and I can bet he must be pouting. I smiled a tired smile.

"I'll try Salman. This house is just not the same anymore. But it is so dear to me and Haniya. She wants to spend some time here with all the  memories" I wiped the tear which fell down of my eye on their thought.

"I understand Rameen. Time will heal everything" he said and after biding good byes we hung up.

After making lunch and neatly placing it in a tray I headed upstairs to Haniya's room. I turned the knob and the door flung open. She was staring in space with an emotionless face.

I walked and sat on the bed as I placed the tray in between. Haniya's phone was buzzing but she was least interested in picking it up.

"Haniya you are getting a call" I nudged her.

"I know" she replied as she now ate a spoonful of rice.

Ignoring her I took her cell phone in my hand and saw Shayaan's name on the screen.

4 messages and 8 missed calls.

Shayaan :- Bookworm please talk to me?