59 - The Journey

A/N: Pambihirang tulog yan, istorbo! Sorry for the late update.

Phone - X

Status: She's not answering her phone.

Email - X

Status: Sent her a dozen emails, no response. Has she read even one of them?

Follow her - ?

Status: Still having Australia visitor visa processed. Philippine passport holders are not eligible for fast track visa processing because Philippines is not in the list of countries with passports eligible for ETA. Average is one week to 15 days.

(A/N: totoo po ang status ni Tisoy, Sa maniwala po kayo o hindi, nagcheck ako ng site ng Australian embassy.)

RJ is now at his wit's end on how to reach Meng. It's already been 4 days. He hasn't seen her for two weeks, the longest since they met. And as if she knows that he will lurk in her social media accounts, apart from the occasional sightings of her fans at the airport, she managed to stay incognito and just posted a single tweet and photo.

They say that you only realize the value of something if they are no longer there.He's learning it the hard way.

--------------------

Meng spent her days going to state parks with her mother in this relatively remote province outside of Melbourne. This time, she figuratively threw a dart and pick a town where they could stay. But she did visit the University she was supposed to enrolled in had she decided differently. It's spring going to summer so the trees are starting to get back their foliage. Seeing the campus and the students walking around, she realized that the attraction of university life has lost its appeal with RJ to share it with. She remembered the offer that he got from the same university offering him fellowship program for one year. She imagined the two of them spending a year together in an environment like this. But that is a remote possibility now. He has all but given up. But no, she cannot afford to have these negative thoughts. Babalik ang Tisoy niya. And she'll be waiting when he does.

She picks up stones recalling their habit of picking souvenir stones from where ever their road trips bring them.

Kumusta kaya siya? 

Meng looked at her phone and the countless missed calls she got from him.

She turned off the notification on her phone on the messaging apps that he might use so she will not accidentally read his messages. In fact, she even bought a local SIM and only gave the number to her immediate family. She has not opened her email account for the past few days. Her motto: what you don't know won't hurt you. But how will you know if he has already change his mind if you will not read his messages or answer his calls? Ah basta, mahirap na. Baka mai-serve pa niya ang break-up notice.

Nanay Mary Ann just continued watching her daughter, her heart bleeding for her. At night she hear her crying giving in to her emotions. Meng is still young after all. She's just trying to be brave for the man she loves and she can't be prouder of what her daughter has grown into.

She has finally gotten the details of the problem from her last night before she cried herself to sleep again.

Mali ba ang basa namin kay Ricardo? O they don't care about his past, hindi niya mapipili kung sino magiging tatay niya. Sa katunayan, hinahanggaan niya ang binata kung ano ang narating nito sa kabila ng nalaman niya tungkol sa magulang niya. Pero hanggang kailan nila susuportahan ang anak nila sa paghihintay? Naaawa na siya sa anak niya. Hindi dapat ganitong kabigat na problema dala niya. Pero ngayon niya lang napatunayan kung gaano magmahal ang anak niya.