15 - Small Talks

Photo credit: aldenrichards02's instagram, wala eh, clean-cut pa rin :)

A/N: I've always wondered how was Maichard when they were starting to be acquainted with the serious side of each other in those early days. Sino mas makuwento, how they talk about mundane things, just anything under the sun, ganon! Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

And so the "Truce" began. But for how long?

MENG

After doing mental exercise to calm herself like what she always does before a show, Meng was able to enjoy their companionable silence while they walk side by side when the trail allows it or in single file when the trail is only for one person. She would occasionally stop, take pictures and he would wait for her and once in a while offers details of what they see on the trail.

Not bad, not bad at all. Ayos naman palang kasama. Hindi mayabang kausap,at mukhang a man of few words talaga.Kaya lang ayan na naman, sumasakit na naman mga binti ko. Nagpaparamdam na rin mga kalyo sa paa ko. Time for another stop. Di kaya maubos pasensiya nito sa 'kin?

She stopped upon reaching a clearing alongside a cliff. It was overlooking a mountain range of different peak heights. Down the cliff, you can see a river, with its white water like a silver ribbon winding its way down into the valley. 'Nanaginip ba ko? Meron din palang ganitong view dito sa Pilipinas?'

"Oh. My. God!! Richard, sandali! Kunan ko lang 'to ng picture, ha? How can you just continue walking and not appreciate this view? Sawa ka na?" She took off her shades to better frame the image.

He turned to look at her and can't keep the amusement in his voice when he commented "So totoo pala sabi ng pinsan mo. First time mo talaga mag-mountain hiking?"

Meng didn't realized that she had automatically raised her eyebrows as response to what he said so he had to continue "Ooops! just making small talk, that information is trivial enough."

Aahh small talk nga pala. "So that question falls under small talk? Fair enough. Yes, first time in the mountains. You see, I'm more of a beach person. Ikaw?"

"Mountains, anytime, anyday. No offense meant ha, pero alam mo, i find the beaches overrated, mainit and overcrowded."

"Ouch naman! Yes, I admit most of the beaches in the Philippines are crowded but marami pa ring magaganda. Maybe you haven't been to the perfect beach yet. Yung hindi pa exploited at konti ang crowd. Me, I'll take the beach anytime lalo na yung early in the morning na wala pa masyadong tao or during sunset, my favorite time of the day on a beach."

"Pero ano na ang impression mo about mountains after seeing all these?""

"Well, I think that mountains gives a different kind of feeling. Hmmm ... .. I guess, serenity or tranquility would be the right terms, I guess that's the word. Yung tipong you get a sense of how small you are against nature. Dagdagan mo pa ng clear blue sky as backdrop like this, perfect! Pero di na ko siguro uulit." Ang daldal mo Meng!

To divert his attention from asking more questions, she continued taking pictires, even doing a selfie because she dare not ask him to take her picture, which caused him to smile and shake his head. And clicked! Achievement unlocked! Dimples captured!

"I'm done, let's go!" Baka madagdagan pa ng tanong at mahalatang kinunan ko siya ng picture. Two questions are enough.

"Okay, sabihin mo lang kung pagod ka or sumasakit sugat mo and we'll stop to rest." He offered while they continued their hike.