55 - One Year in the Biz

RJ found two long letter envelopes on top of his study table when he came home that night. Both envelopes are bearing logos of two different universities.

He opened the first one that came from his own university. The letter is a formal notice of invite for the meeting when the decision of the committee that heard his case will be handed down. They conducted a couple of hearing sessions but he was only invited once. He looked at the date of the letter, it was several days ago. The letter must have been misdirected or manang forgot to give it to him. The meeting is set for tomorrow afternoon right before Meng's press conference/dinner.

He wondered about the logo of the second envelope. Another coincidence? He opened it and read the letter. Tapping his fingers on the table, he considered the content . He noted that the recommendation came from Dr. Medina, his dissertation adviser who still believed in him despite the case that he is facing. Regardless of the decision tomorrow, this could be the solution to his problem. But it has its own complications. A lot in fact.

---------------------

On the day of her 1st year anniversary in showbiz, Meng had an early morning meeting at GMA office.

She walked out of the conference room with her manager, smiling. Kuya Poch stood up from the receiving are where he was waiting, excited to know the outcome of the meeting.

"Ano insan, kumusta yung meeting? Was it bloody?"

"Surprisingly not Kuya Poch. Para siyang maamong tupa kanina, diba Kuya Manny?"

"Malamang napagsabihan ng mga powers that be. It was really irresponsible of Jason to behave like that with you. Ikaw pa yung parang naging mas senior sa kanya in tackling the issue. Magtatanda na yan knowing the network will not tolerate acts lke that. That is, if he doesn't want to jeopardize his career."

"At yung ka-loveteam niya ay very apologetic din. I pity her actually."

"Ay naku buti na talaga hindi mo tinanggap yung lead role diyan. So ano nang mangyayari sa natitira nyong eksena? Goodbye na talaga?"

"Gagawin na lang daw phone call ang goodbye scene. Kaya na siguro niyang i-arte yung phone call na wala naman siya talagang kausap."

"At least tapos na yan. We can now proceed to your 1st anniversary celebration. Ready ka na?"

"Ready as I can be. Excited ako, first time manonood ng Tisoy ko nang live sa show."

"Asus! Tisoy pa more! Umayos ka! Nagka-boyfriend ka lang, naging malilimutin ka na. Nag-guest na kaya siya. Ay teka insan, may tanong pala ko. Do you know this number?"

"Asa ka pa Kuya Poch, phone number kakabisaduhin ko? Bakit?"

"Wala lang, I got this text early this morning. Di ko lang maisip why would I receive this. Look"

"I was hoping you will not push through with it, but  you did. I pity you."

"Hala Kuya Poch, may stalker ka na!" she said as they were walking to the reception area at the ground floor with their van waiting outside.

"Paano ko magkakaroon ng stalker, hindi pa nga ako na-didiscover? Buti pa si tukayong Paolo Ballesteros, nanalo na ng best actor. Tara na nga!"

--------------------------------

"Totoo ba yung nabalitaan namin Tisoy? Nawala lang kami ni Wally ng 2 linggo, may ganito ng balita? Sinagot ka na talaga ni Menggay? Tingnan mo nga naman, sino magsasabi na sa bundok mo mahahanap ang tunay na pag-ibig?" Kuya Jose slapped his shoulder upon hearing the news.