30 - Rain

Photo credit: EB Kalyeserye.

A/N: Sorry for the late update, this has been one of the most difficult chapters to write, will take care of typos later.

For some reason, comment is not working for this section, don't know why. you can comment on the next one (commercial)

"Rain gently falls, whenever we say goodbye

Falling like when you're out of site

Rain follows me even in my bed

And rain are the tears that I shed

There'll be no sunshine, in my life until you say you're mine o mine...."

"Ano ba yang kinakanta mo Jose? Nakita mo na ngang alalang-alala na itong si Paolo"

"Di mo alam yun? Rain ni Donna Cruz, na pinsan ni Sunshine Cruz, na pamangkin ni Tirso Cruz III. Ikaw naman, kaya nga inaaliw ko si Paolo! Asan na ba kasi si RJ? Lumakad na tayo."

"Paolo, baka may naalala ka naman, hindi ba talaga nagpaalam si Meng? Ang saya-saya pa no'n kanina ah"

"Yun na nga! Kasama ulit niya yung dalawang bata na parati niyang kasama. Hindi naman sinabi kung saan sila pupunta. Ang lakas-lakas ng ulan. Baka nadulas na yun, o nahulog na. MENGGAY! Nasaan ka na?!!!!"

"Huwag ka munang ngumawa, sigurado may plano na si Tisoy. Si Menggay pa, pababayaan niya?" Wally said to comfort him.

"Eto na si RJ."

RJ arrived with Ligawon and several people from the village.  "Siya ang tatay nung dalawang bata, si Gaamyan. Papunta na rin si Apo Kalo, sasama sila sa paghahanap."

"Anong plano, RJ?" Kuya Jose asked. He has never seen RJ look this grim and determined.

"Tatlong grupo tayo. Kuya Wally, Paolo, sumama kayo sa grupo ni Apo Kalo. Kuya Jose, sa grupo ka ni Gaamyan. Dito kami ni Ligawon sa pangatlong grupo. Kailangang matagpuan natin sila bago gumabi. Eto ang garbage bags, puwede n'yong gawing raincoats, proteksiyon sa ulan."

Paolo approached RJ. "RJ, baka ano na ang nangyari kay Meng, natatakot ako!"

"Huwag mong isipin yan kuya Paolo, Meng is intelligent. She will not take unnecessary risks and endanger her life and the lives of the two girls" he assured Kuya Paolo trying to allay his own growing fears.

"Kung sino man makakita sa kanila, magpauna agad kayo dito sa village para masabihan ang ibang grupo."

RJ looked at his watch. It was already half-past 2. They only have three hours at the most, before it starts to get dark. Then it will be more difficult.

No, he cannot afford to have these negative thoughts. Mahahanap namin sila.

--------

His group took the direction of the rain forest, while the two other groups took the stream going to the river, and the route going back to the direction of the trail the first day they came here.

They were now way past the hot spring when they struck gold. One of the men found Meng's cap, which meant that they came here. Then he suddenly remembered something and asked Ligawon a question. He consulted with the other 3 in their language. Ligawon then pointed to the route up another peak. RJ hopes his gut feel is right.

Once they reach a clearing surrounded by trees, they dispersed in different directions. Soon, a shout came from one of the men. Ligawon immediately followed him, with the rest on his heels. 

RJ heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Ligawon walking with the two girls. Humina na ang ulan. He signaled RJ on where to find Meng.

--------