57 - Ex Who?

"Meng, sigurado ka ba sa gagawin mo? Baka kung anu-ano yung ikuwento sa 'yo nung babaeng yon. Hindi ba natin sasabihin kay RJ?"

"Hindi na! Kita mo ngang mabigat na problema nung tao saka usapang babae 'to. It was me she tried contacting, right? Don't worry I'll be fine. I did my own SOCO. Ang lagay, siya lang? Okay na ba yung nirequest ko?"

"Siyempre naman. Basta ingat ha? Huwag mong sabunutan, you have more class than her. O kaya, bigyan mo na lang ng left hook para tulog na agad."

------------------

Meng entered the cafe and noticed that only a few tables were occupied. It was already past 9pm so it's understandable. There's just a couple on one table having a serious talk, while eating cheesecake and two guys on separate tables having coffee while busy with their phones.

'The girl' is not yet here. So Meng chose a table where she can see the people coming in. Like always, she wore a cap and shades so as not to attract attention. (Yes shades sa gabi will not attract attention).

'The girl' came in, holding hands with a guy who remained at the table by the door as if guarding the exit

'The girl' came in, holding hands with a guy who remained at the table by the door as if guarding the exit. She looked around and after spotting Meng, approached the table with her chin held high.

She sat down and called for the waiter to order her coffee. Meng requested for two glasses of water, she already has her own camomile tea and she's keeping her hands warm by holding the mug.

"Hi, I'm Maine." she spoke first, holding out her hand in greeting, which 'the girl' took... May konting manners naman pala kahit paano.

"Oh, don't worry, I know you. In fact, I occasionally catch your show when my niece happens to see it. Interesting for the target age bracket, which are what, kids?"

Condescending, aren't you?  "Thank you for trying to watch it. Ano nga pala pag-uusapan natin?" Meng asked taking a sip of her tea.

'The girl' tearfully narrated the past 'jealous incident' with RJ, which happened more than 3 years ago.

"Sorry, what exactly are you telling me?" she asked after 'the girl' finished her story.

"That RJ has a temper when he's jealous, you'll be better off without him or your life will be in danger."

"And you're telling me all these because? I mean, it happened more than 3 years ago...." she prodded on.

"I'm just concerned for you, I don't think he has changed. I can't bear to see other women taken advantage of just because of jealousy."

Meng remained quiet for a while, letting the girl's story sink in. She bowed her head and stared at her tea. "Alam mo, tama ka, medyo seloso nga si Ricardo." she remembered about his persistence on knowing her crush list.